Piracy

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Ancient Geek

Piracy

Post by Ancient Geek »

Did anyone else see that that omnicient organistation - The Mount Olympus of sailing - the ISAF has issued "Guidelines for the prevention of piracy", I'll bet that has got the drug crazed muslim pirates s*****g themselves! If of course they succeed where the a fair portion of the worlds navies are failing it will be a good thing, but since they cannot even get rule 42 enforced I have my doubts.
Simples.
JimC

Re: Piracy

Post by JimC »

Ancient Geek wrote:..."Guidelines for the prevention of piracy", I'll bet that has got the drug crazed muslim pirates s*****g themselves!
I think if sailors comply with guideline 1 they should be reasonably safe...
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Wayfarers are more of a threat on Whitefriars than pirates except on regatta day, when you have to watch out for juniors with buckets of water. Is this what the ISAF have in mind?
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Or is this a new tactic for coping with the Clywedog JCBs :?: :D
keithr

Post by keithr »

Do you mean our "Jolly cruising Boat" ????
Attachments
mtb.jpg
(20.19 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Did anyone see the S Times article on the new underwater stealth boat that carries 6 SBS warriors and is released from a sub. They reckon that so long as pirates have no hostages they just blast them out of the water from underneath. I have had word that they will be first deployed at this years Cowes Week then if they work they will make their way up the Thames to deal with the rockers and rollers at the river clubs!

Manchester United have just scored so I am off back to the footy on the box (with radio commentary, natch)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Rupert wrote:Wayfarers are more of a threat on Whitefriars than pirates except on regatta day
My spies tell me that you may soon have to also watch out for a couple of Bosuns loaded to the gunwhales with Sea Cadets. CVRDA Eligible?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I once had to repair a 12 which was crushed by a Bosun - I've kept well clear ever since!
Rupert