An introduction.

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Timmy

An introduction.

Post by Timmy »

Hi,
Just thought I'd introduce myself briefly, I've been lurking for a fair few weeks.
I'm Tim, 26 years old, based in North London. I've joined really as I'm interested in/like your ethos (not being a massive fan of plastic-fantastic's) and I'm keen to aquire a "classic" of some sort.
I'm don't have a large amount of recent sailing experience, having not sailed since I was 16/17ish, but my girlfreind & I have recently taken up sailing.
I'll continue to lurk mostly, but do have some questions regarding boats I'm interested in, which I may post either in this thread or under the relevant heading.

Thanks,
Tim.
jpa_wfsc

Re: An introduction.

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Well Timmy (and girlfriend);

you will find a warm welcome here in this virtual sailing club lounge, and also if you come to any of our events.

Hope that you find a classic or older that suits you and see you around!

john./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
ACB

Post by ACB »

Timmy...

Run while you have a chance!

I came here about this time last year, looking for help in rejuvenating a Firefly - and see what happened! A year later and I have TWO Fireflies and an Albacore - and there is another boat - a very serious one - on the way...

Seriously, these are very nice people.

F 3163 "Aquarius",
IC K229 nameless for the time being
I14 K377 "Mercury" - long term rebuild project
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

ACB wrote:Timmy...

Run while you have a chance!

I came here about this time last year, looking for help in rejuvenating a Firefly - and see what happened! A year later and I have TWO Fireflies and an Albacore - and there is another boat - a very serious one - on the way...

Seriously, these are very nice people.
Sounds ominous, especially given that one of the boats I'm giving a lot of thought to is a firefly! :lol:
Mercifully, I've yet to find one in budget and within distance, so could be some time before I do get my grubby mits on one. I'm very pushed for space also.

Look forward to hearing more though.
In the meantime, does the firefly have a class association (preferably with website?) - google turns up nothing.

Thanks,
Tim
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

http://www.fireflysailing.org.uk will get you there, where you will find on the forum ACB, Garry and me...but don't let that put you off, as there are other, less old boat oriented, people there too to balance things out!
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Tim,

welcome :) . I can personally demonstrate that a lack of sailing ability in no way interferes with the fun of the events so come along as soon as you have something to sail - or come along anyway :) .

Nigel