The Commodore is a Grandpa

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
roger

The Commodore is a Grandpa

Post by roger »

For those that know them Polly and Gordon had a nine pound baby girl today called Isobel Rose.

Proud Grandpa :D :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Re: The Commodore is a Grandpa

Post by Rupert »

Congratulations old man! Better go buy yourself a National 18...
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

or an Osprey???
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

...or a Duckling!

My best tip for the beach is one of those very small paddling pools. (about 3' 6" x 4" deep)

You position it @ 6 feet away from the picnic rug and the little fella will be happpy to play in that instead of trying to fall in the sea/breakers/strong current, and won't damage your stress meter by disappearing out of view all the time.

Oh, and buy yourself a skier's avalanche shovel. Yogi bear sized rather than Bobo, they shift (literally) tons of sand, they pack easily under the fordeck, and in your beach bag, they won't rust in seawater, and They really are the dog's bxxxxxxs if you want to do some serious sandcastling. 8)
Michael Brigg
roger

Post by roger »

Michael Brigg wrote:...or a Duckling!

Oh, and buy yourself a skier's avalanche shovel. Yogi bear sized rather than Bobo, they shift (literally) tons of sand, they pack easily under the fordeck, and in your beach bag, they won't rust in seawater, and They really are the dog's bxxxxxxs if you want to do some serious sandcastling. 8)
That sounds like the ideal competetive Grandad type tool. Just the job to show up the son in law :twisted: :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Congratulations Roger and Angie. Roger - just so I can brace myself - what's it like sleeping with a Granny?!!
roger

Post by roger »

Ah Garry but she is not a true Granny she is a step granny. But in answer to your question Mind your own bl**dy business.

Rog

ps its wonderful
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger,

could it be something in the two pack varnish that is causing it???? Now it looks as if I too will be following you, a scary prospect. All ideas of Contenders, Merlins and 505s have to go, replaced by a Silver Cross Pram (dinghy) and a Wanderer with an outboard!

But for me, I was just looking at a potential trip to Australia to cover the Sail Melboune event, then have a dabble in the Contenders at Brisbane. But that would mean being away when it all happens!! Come to think of it, maybe that is a good idea!

Congrats to you and Angie......

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

On Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Handcrafted-Woode ... 7C294%3A50
z1.jpg
(16.41 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
I would suggest removal of the glass top "coffee table" and line the bilge with some old cotton sails to give you a perfect bedside cot for the little cabin person. :P :)

Is it kitsch?

You bet. (Somewhere I have a picture of my oldest in a specially made "pram dinghy" on davits, designed as a cot, and displayed at the classic boat show in Greenwich. That was far to expensive too and I am sure will have sold to a non sailing banker or MP's expense account)
Michael Brigg
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

No a chap in Shipping and the FCO! my daughter had it and its lent out for yotty christenings these days.
Simples.