new member saying hellow

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
ALIBONE

new member saying hellow

Post by ALIBONE »

Hi everyone
I am a life long sailor who has decided a small boat is a small worry ,about to retire early,and hopefully will find a boat shortly.I live in France but still come to England to visit and enjoy sailing.I hope to meet like minded members when i have found my dream boat. :D
Rupert

Re: new member saying hellow

Post by Rupert »

Welcome to the CVRDA. Any ideas what your dream boat is? There are probebly as many different dream boats on this site as there are people. The lucky ones own one!
Rupert
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

Hi Rupert,
I have two boats lined up one a firecrest the other i am slill trying to identify.
So a good classic of 14 to 15 feet loa gunter or bermudain.
As i am in France and recovering from an arm op i will have to be patient untill November,before i can view.
chris

Post by chris »

I gather elderly merlins have been popular in France so there may be some available there.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

When you come to the UK look up the Merlins site - plenty for sale on the Merlins for sale section. Ask here for advice on design. Look around, buy if you like the look of it and tow it home!!
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sadly the Merlin site is pretty useless as I've found out recently. All the older Merlin ads are several years old and email enquiries go unanswered.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Thanks for that Peter - I will contact Chris Martin and I am sure that he will attempt a tidy up if I point it out to him.