Fluid

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
chris

Fluid

Post by chris »

Fluid but nothing to do with water (or boats) but now this is out of my workshop I might get round some more boat restoration soon
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/no ... eoff-smith
Rupert

Re: Fluid

Post by Rupert »

We are just not worthy, Chris...that is an astonishing instrument, and a fantastic piece of craftsmanship. It would get my "looks best on land" ribbon any time! Not sure how well it would float, though, despite being fluid?
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Rupert,

Did you ever name your "Tonic?"

If not then as a new form of craft this must have been designed specifically by or for Jimmy "The Schnozzle" Durante...The man who found the lost chord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjVjoHsmI0

A remarkable instrument.
Michael Brigg
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Rupert wrote:We are just not worthy, Chris...that is an astonishing instrument, and a fantastic piece of craftsmanship. It would get my "looks best on land" ribbon any time! Not sure how well it would float, though, despite being fluid?
You should (have you?) seen some of Chris' other work. The fluid piano is a technical tour de force and beautifully made but personally I think some of the other work I saw at his workshop last summer is much more aesthetic!

But do listen to the video - its a remarkable instrument! And I look over barlowharps website every so often for a fix!

j./
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I've seen some of the other stuff - pretty shoddy workmanship, I thought...not...

I really don't understand how he does it, actually - I can never get wood to behave itself as Chris does. And such a likeable young man, too - he'll go far!
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Congratulations Chris at least you got creditied for your work this time.

Having watched your angst and frustration over the building of this I am still sure it could be done electronically. :evil:
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

In the same way Roger that you could make honey by mixing up a load of sugar and flavouring it scientifically!! Oops I think the Brazilian imports do that already!! At least that's what it tastes like.