Bowmoor 10-11th Sept

Chat about CVRDA events
david r

Post by david r »

Hi everyone
Just to remind you it is <font color="red">only 10 days to the next CVRDA event</font id="red">Bowmoor is just north of Swindon - see website (bowmoor.co.uk) for more details, location & photos of our superb new lake

You can camp for the w/e from Friday early am for FREE
Hog Roast saturday night £5 per person
Fun ? Pursuit race 12.00 Sat
1st h/cap race 3.00pm Sat
2nd race 11.30 am Sun (3 out of 4 to count - so you can qualify by just sailing on Sunday if you cannot make it for Saturday) entry fee only £6 entry fee, keelboats welcome
<font size="3"><font color="blue">To assist with catering (hog roast) could you let me know numbers asap if you know you will be there</font id="blue"></font id="size3">
Many thanks
David Rollinson - tel 01235-520423 if any queries
or email training@bowmoor.co.uk
chris

Post by chris »

yes we'll be there, 2 for hog roast and camping please, I think John and Lyn also.

By the way we have 8 of the flags left, 1 cap, 1 child's T shirt in blue with cvrda logo on front and back, we'll bring and see if we can shift .
Also three of the trophies (copper nails on wood with CVRDA 2005 plaque) you can use.

Looking forward to seeing the new lake,
Chris and Lois
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

David

As previously mailed I will be there next weekend with Merlin 111. 2 hog roasts but taking B&B. Thanks and look forward to meeting everyone
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

10 days? Oh, S*** the boat is still 1/2 finished...
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sandy & I will be there with the Merlin and will camp on Saturday night so 2 more for the Hog Roast please.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Yes we are coming ,so 2 for hog roast, dont fancy putting our big tent up for one night tho!!! anyone know of a reasonable b&b closeby ????? for Sat night.
DJSpencer-Smith
hayes

Post by hayes »

Would have come but Sizzle will need hull repair before setting sail again after Roadford. Should be fixed in time for the winter get together. Decay in bottom of hull worst than thought.

I'l keep you posted.

Roadford excellent again - fantastic. Well done everyone for all you hard work.

Peggies look set to increase in numbers again- Is Bob now looking for one.

178 now found new home in Shropshire.

Can we get 8 - 10 to Raodford for next year - Class start. Neil time to get P18 ready for next year!!!

Cheers

Andy
Keeper of Pegasus records
Pegasus 1
Pegasus 81
Merlin 3474
Gibsea 282
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Will be coming up, so 1 more for the roast and anywhere flatish for the VDub please.Looking forward to it.
david r

Post by david r »

Alan - Camping area is flat enough for camper vans

You can camp from Friday if you wish - FOC

Duncan - Local B & B - New Inn in Lechlade, rated v.good last year by those who stayed after winter dinner - 01367-252296 - http://www.newinnhotel.com
or try Milton Farm B & B Fairford - 01285-712205 - http://www.milton-farm.co.uk

David
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

More rated OK ish, I seem to remember... but that would be about right for a sailor of such a boat!
Rupert
david r

Post by david r »

Another hotel- does good food & real ale
The Bull Hotel

Market Place, Fairford, Gloucestershire, GL7 4AA

Tel. +44(01285) 712535 Fax. +44(0)1285 713782

info@thebullhotelfairford.co.uk

<font color="red">For those travelling near Oxford next w/e</font id="red"> - try & avoid it as Blenheim are hosting European 3 day eventing ch/ships Fr-Sun - expecting 50,000 visitors so roads around Woodstock & North Oxford (A44, A34) will be very busy espec early am & late pm

Suggest you try & avoid if possible - might not be too bad around lunchtime though

David R
Mark

Post by Mark »

Regret that I cannot make it this year, clashes with the Moths, and I am meant to be working (sicky time), great venue, have a good weekend.
Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
roger

Post by roger »

Hi David,
Regret Angie and I cant come this year. I promised to9 help with an Iron man competition at Shearwater and didnt realise it clashed until too late. Why anyone would voluntarily swim 2 miles in Shearwater i cant imagine but their about 1000 competitors. I am very sorry to miss Bowmoor this year as I enjoyed it so much last year and its the only time Ive beaten the Rollinsons on the water and on handicap. Any news on a winter event ?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Winter event being firmed up, I hope, as I write. Your fixture's sec isn't sure what happened to the time between May and now...
I confess I enjoyed beating the Rollinsons with you last year!
Saskia is now packed onto trailer. I think we have a sitter for Sunday, but Saturday we will have to play by ear, and maybe do a race each s/h if not too windy. I'm afraid I think we will be giving the evening "do" a miss, I'm afraid, for similar child related reasons, unless the plans change, of course!
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Hope to be there, with Finn. Have also been trying to talk Peter Cook into coming (old mate of yours, Rupert, I think) He has an old Firefly and wants some competition prior to changing it for a new one to have a real crack at the '06 nationals. Think it's their 60th anniversary, or something.

See you then.

Nick