Boat/handicap bandit for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Boat/handicap bandit for sale

Post by Garry R »

It's not often that two threads can be pulled into one but here is an example of that rare occasion.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14ft-YATCHING-WOR ... 3a5596ad64
Garry R

Re: Boat/handicap bandit for sale

Post by Garry R »

Interesting set of plans but of course if you built it, it wouldn't qualify!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-SET-boat-bui ... 2ea9a8f4a7
Mark

Post by Mark »

Garry R wrote:Interesting set of plans but of course if you built it, it wouldn't qualify!!!

Not even as a "lost class" ?
Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

It was decided at the agm that even lost classes have to be built by 1985, but can have been designed up to that date, too. SMOD avoidance, or so the feeing at the meeting went.
Is there an organization catering for newly built classic design dinghies? Seems like there should be. Could be affiliated to the cvrda...
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

I think most Shearwater members will agree about the handicap of the day boat. We've had several at the club over the years including a couple of true clinkers like this one , and one smoothy. Probably the py issued is not too far out for a 'vintage' one. Would condider on if I lived on a large estury.
JimC

Post by JimC »

Garry R wrote:Interesting set of plans but of course if you built it, it wouldn't qualify!!!

Shame I'm a strict ebay non-user: they'd be nice to have as I have a Plus as a "one of these days" project. If any really keen ebayer fancies putting in a minimum bid I'll buy them off you at Thames or maybe Bough Beech this summer...
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm happy to put a £10 bid on for you Jim, if no one on the forum is going to as well?
Rupert
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Isn't fixing an auction by agreement between some or all of the parties called ringing and best discussed in private?
Just wouldn't want any of to get into trouble in this season of goodwill.
Simples.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If anyone is planning on bidding for themselves, then I won't bid for it for Jim. If we all start bidding on it for Jim, he is going to pay rather more than he needs, isn't he? Can't see how that is rigging an auction?
Rupert
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

It is called a "Ring" I am in the process of selling an heirloom through an auction house and they assure me this is the case.
Simples.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I thought that a ring was where it was agreed among the group of bidders that one person would bid and purchase the item. The item is then re-auctioned among the ring and the price over the original split between the ring. ie the guy that wants the item gets it and the rest of the ring each get a backhander. There is no suggestion that this is happening here as far as I can see.
JimC

Post by JimC »

Tell you what, I herebye nominate Rupert as my proxy to bid £10 (ten UKP). If anyone wants to bid more than that on their own behalf then they are welcome, especially if they are going to use them to build a new boat or restore an old one... Its worth chucking in a minimum bid so they don't get thrown away.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Garry, I am sure that is the "A" level of such things I guess my point really was that in these days of cyber noseyness and prissy attitudes to legitimate arranging of ones life to ones own advantage, but absolutely within the rules it is proabably better to do these things with the curtains drawn.
Simples.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

JimC wrote:Tell you what, I herebye nominate Rupert as my proxy to bid £10 (ten UKP). If anyone wants to bid more than that on their own behalf then they are welcome, especially if they are going to use them to build a new boat or restore an old one... Its worth chucking in a minimum bid so they don't get thrown away.
Will do!
Rupert
Keith66

Post by Keith66 »

That DB doesnt look bad in the photos, but as someonre who has rebuilt three of the things there is no way i would even contemplate putting a bid on it unless i had had a good look at her first!