A Warning

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Ancient Geek

A Warning

Post by Ancient Geek »

THis from today's Yachts and Yachtinghttp://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=151061
Simples.
Garry R

Re: A Warning

Post by Garry R »

I read this too and thought of Secret Water and Iska. Will contact the insurance company and get the value increased.
chris

Post by chris »

Written by Amanda Hugnkiss ...says it all!
Southern377

Post by Southern377 »

................along with Detective Inspector Smelter from the S.O.D. .......

a tiresome annual April custom.............but not as tiresome as the current weather......

Alan.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Fun that's what it is, this is an especially witty and inventive one, there is not enough fun anywhere at the moment, people are too up themselves with self importance and lack of humour, there is no UK Act of Parliament that refers to fun say what you like about our American cousins (And who soesn't.) they have that enshrined in their constitution, no one smiles in the UK anymore, or rarely.
Simples.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

"This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four".
-- Mark Twain
Simples.
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I'll check the lead bulb on Ysolt's fin, then....
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
roger

Post by roger »

Ancient Geek wrote:Fun that's what it is, this is an especially witty and inventive one, there is not enough fun anywhere at the moment, people are too up themselves with self importance and lack of humour, there is no UK Act of Parliament that refers to fun say what you like about our American cousins (And who soesn't.) they have that enshrined in their constitution, no one smiles in the UK anymore, or rarely.
I think there were a few smiles at Whitefriars last sunday. I contributed a bit.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger...

as a mere interested bystander (stood there enjoying a nice mug of Whitefriars tea, chatting with Brooksey and Jonn 711) I wouldn't say that you made us smile.

There may have been an element of 'Look away now if you're of a nervous disposition) followed by a quick calculation of would the lower frequency sounds of splintering hot moulded veneer and GRP travel more quickly than Ruperts castrati screams of 'Starboard'.

In the end, it was a case of 'oh look, I've got a camera, maybe I should record this for the inevitable inquest' (or at the very least the not two but three insurance companies).

The smiles came just a tad later, as the Albacore started it's 'going down by the stern Bismark impression' and you were seen gripping the varnished hull of 1576 with your knees. I seem to recall there were smiles then, when some kindly soul on the shore shouted to you 'Smile for the camera Roger'.......

So yes, in the end you did make us smile and I would guess that in 4 weeks time, when the mag is published, there will be a few more smiles then.........

Once the mag is published Pat I'll send the pics over to you for the website... file then under C.... as in Commodore.

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi All on a Serious note my Nacra Catamaran Sail no.1879 Smoke on the Water has been stolen from a dutch barn near Newton Ferres Devon. I have been informed by the police that recently there have been alot of boat trailers, caravans and farm equipment stolen for its metal value. The police seem to think that it was worth while to steal my cat for the value of aluminium mast deck beams etc.
Cheers Al
roger

Post by roger »

Sorry to hear that Al, I know we have had reports of this sort of activity before but I thought the metal prices were to low at present.
May be we should revert to wood or go Carbon
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Sorry to hear that Al . Hope that you find it in one piece and you were insured. Couldn't be some Dutch person trying to get back home thinking that Smoke on the Water was a better option than Ash in the Sky?
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Garry
Apparently a chained field gate in the middle of nowhere is not secure.
Cheers Al
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

..but you had left it there for 10 years :wink:
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

If 'leaving it there for 10 years' negated my insurance.....I would have a real problem! :-)
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it