How do I join the CVDRA?

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Fantasia

How do I join the CVDRA?

Post by Fantasia »

I have already joined the forum and have had some excellent feedback to my posts. I have two boats that qualify and I would like to join the association; but cannot find out how to. Please, can anyone help?
John Hartley
Wayfarer 7628 - Fantasia
International 14 521 - Tiptoes
50% Victory Z68 - Zarena
Rupert

Re: How do I join the CVDRA?

Post by Rupert »

I believe Garry can help you on the detail of membership, but mainly, by having a qualifying boat, you are a member! Just come along to an event and join in. We don't have any paperwork, as that allows the costs to be kept to a minimum, so the membership fee (£10?) helps to keep the website paid for and the other bits and bobs that I'm sure the secretary can enlighten us on! Normally we will pay up at an event (often the Nationals) and that will keep the wolf from the door.
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Hello John.
The CVRDA was set up as an internet only organisation so as to reduce the need for bits of paper etc. Many here would say that you already are a member by owning an old boat. We do have a membership list and a small fee is charged to cover the costs of running the website etc. the person you need to talk to is Garry Rucklidge who is our membership secretary who will gladly take your money from you but we dont normally have any membership cards etc as this only adds to admin work which is entirely voluntary.
You can find Gary on the website or membership@cvrda.org

looks like Rupert got there first.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Rupert is 100% correct. You don't have to join to reap the benefits of the forum but the £10 annual "fee" helps cover the cost. Certainly if you come along to sail at an event Lois Barlow (the Darling of the CVRDA so to speak) will persuade you to join up. If you email me at Garry@gannet252.plus.com I will let you have her home address rather than publish it here and risk the begging letters - you know the type of thing - can you spare a harp 0r piano for Chief Mutalase of Nigeria who has had the worst luck in life you can imagine!!
Fantasia

Post by Fantasia »

Thank you for your replies. I get the drift of the organisation now and it seems to work on a very sound principal. I just felt that I would like to contribute and I shall do at the earliest opportunity.
John Hartley
Wayfarer 7628 - Fantasia
International 14 521 - Tiptoes
50% Victory Z68 - Zarena
chris

Post by chris »

Lois will be at Roadford this week end so if you can get there, preferably with a boat of course, but not compulsory, introduce yourself.
Welcome!
(Lois, treasurer=crew in Merlin 507)