Pat and Sandy 'on film'

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
davidh

Pat and Sandy 'on film'

Post by davidh »

Oh dear....

after the boat breaking exploits at Whitefriars, supercrew Jon has still persisted in sticking his head up above the parapet by saying that he wants to come and get some more experience at Race management.

I was just thinking about this when up popped some pictures of Pat (with Sandy in attendance) when they came to Netley to 'aide-moi' at the Dart Cat TT event last Autumn.
Attachments
_H8K1839.JPG
(56.71 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
_H8K1843.JPG
(58.62 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
David H
Pat

Re: Pat and Sandy 'on film'

Post by Pat »

Ugh I hate looking at photos of me! I still want to get more RO experience too - Shearwater's only open event clashes with the Hunts weekend and BCYC seems to have a strange attitude to opens, marginalising them so much it doesn't even count as a duty and leaving it all up to the fleets. Odd when Opens are the best advertising to experienced sailors that a club can do.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

be thankful for small mercies! Jon has pulled the short straw, he has the weenies to contend with, his number 1 task will be standing there saying to me "remember, count to 100 first"!!!!

Not sure what comes next event wise - the RS Tera Nationals (with Jon) but then I think I'm away for the rest of the season.

But more 'good' news.... work is progressing on the Smokers, in tandem with the major rebuld on the Contender. A guy on the MR website has a mainsheet traveller, just need a set of twin poles (in alloy) and we'll be ready to try another demolition derby!

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

At risk of pots and kettles type name calling. Who is the boat breaker now??
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Careful what you say Roger.... the mag will be out by the end of next week

Nothing like a bit of fame - people may even ask for your autograph.

But... it will be the 'hands and knees' gesture that will bring a smile to the face: normally 'gripping with the thighs' is practiced elsewhere!

D
David H
chris

Post by chris »

I'm still waiting to see the incriminating photos of Roger and my Albacore's bottom. Or have they been banned as too obscene?
roger

Post by roger »

davidh wrote:Careful what you say Roger.... the mag will be out by the end of next week

Nothing like a bit of fame - people may even ask for your autograph.

But... it will be the 'hands and knees' gesture that will bring a smile to the face: normally 'gripping with the thighs' is practiced elsewhere!

D
David that water was bl**dy cold there was no way I was going in if i could help it.

Chris in typical journo manner he is exploiting others misfortunes and making money from others misery. I understand he is releasing the pics after they are published in DSM. :cry:
Unlike the average celeb I have no need for any publicity and i would have liked to have been asked if I minded. This is one situation where any publicity is bad publicity.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

roger,

I'm not making any financial gain from the pics - and as soon as they are published, I will put them in the 'public domain'.

Nor was the intention to heap any humiliation on the head of the helm.

What I did want to show is the problem of trying to start on a heavily biased line - on port, when there is a local, a known rule lawyer, charging down the line on starboard.

What is interesting is the perspective one gets from being an observer on shore. Just your bad luck that there was a camera 'ready to roll' at the time. It may not even make the final cut of the mag....we've so much material at present

will let you know a day in advance - that is all the head start us writers get on the rest of the readership

D
David H
chris

Post by chris »

Hope I haven't opened up a Hornets' nest, Roger!
roger

Post by roger »

David if I hadnt arrived at the line 30 secs early I may have made it... but I wasnt there at the right time so I will never know.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
jon711

Post by jon711 »

If those pictures are anything to go by, being an ARO with you, David, looks pretty laid back!!! Do I need to buy some middle aged man shorts to fit in??

Jon (Only 40,but with a mental attitude of 16!!!)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Jon,

yes.... and 'Dad Dancing' is the order of the day later in the evening!!!!

Roger - if you think that you've been harshly treated, have you seen the pic I've posted on the DSM site of a young lad in his Topper (check out the Frampton on Severn report).

That's his street cred ruined for a year or two!!

The journalists defence is always that this is in the 'public interest'.......

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Ah, these local rule lawyers get everywhere...imagine calling starboard...I felt a little guilty for a few seconds that Roger tipped it in at that point, but then, while trying not to laugh too much, realized that I couldn't really be blamed for his ineptitude. I have enough of that of my own, without adding more. Roger taking out Alan was just an added bonus!
The newsagent nearby that used to stock DSM seems to have stopped, so I'll have to order a copy.
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Ah ha! It appears that the ARO to be for the Tera Nationals has been getting some sneaky practice in at pointing out failures to observe the Rules of Sailing (as in "it was 'im over there")

But given the location, the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk YC, maybe the caption should be

"far away over there lad, way past that flat, featureless terrain, they say that there is civilisation. You have to follow the coast around for days, then when you come to a big Island, you turn right..... and there you'll find it"

Can anyone come up with a better caption for the enclosed picture?

D
Attachments
sqibs.jpg
(46.19 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
David H
jon711

Post by jon711 »

If you are going to publish that photo, we will have to give credit to Chris Tuckett, who took it. See his website at http://www.tuckettphoto.com/

Chris will be the CVRDA photgrapher during Oulton Week.

I have E:mailed Chris to let him know that his photo is being used...

Jon
Last edited by jon711 on Tue May 04, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.