Jollyboat for sale - £150 ovno

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
SW Sailing Lover

Jollyboat for sale - £150 ovno

Post by SW Sailing Lover »

Hi

I am very keen to sell this and am open to offers, please see ad below:

Uffa Fox 18ft Jollyboat - Sails, Trapezes, Bouyancy Bags, Wooden and Metal Centre Boards, Mast, lots of original fixings, Sail No. 325, the deck needs sanding back and varnishing and one of the rubbing strips needs fixing or replacing, but otherwise it is in very good condition and has been kept indoors.

£150 for Dinghy ovno

I have about 14 pics of the boat, and can take more, but cant seem to download them onto here, although I have in the past if you look for my old ad. I am happy to email the ones I have to anyone who is interested.

I live in Truro, Cornwall and the boat is stored in indoor storage about 8 miles south of here.

Any queries please call me on 07967 239319

Many thanks.
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Jollyboat for sale - £150 ovno

Post by Ed »

Strangely enough....I am coming down to Truro tomorrow...

But I have to say that the last thing I need is another Jollyboat :-(

I would so like to sell/move on/find good owner for a couple of mine.

Do send me the photos - would love to see them and add to records and can of course put them on the Jollyboat blogsite too.

It just seems so unfair that there are so few people who are willing to take on one of these wonderful boats.

Well there you go.....if there isn't anyone interested here - in the CVRDA....what does one do??

talk later

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

I am so tempted I would love one but cant find space for the current fleet. Why is it that my favourite boats are so big. Jboat, FD, etc.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
SW Sailing Lover

Post by SW Sailing Lover »

Its a beautiful boat, I would truely love to keep it, but unfortunately due to personal circumstances, I cant afford to store it anymore. I advertised it in my local paper and some guys rang who were interested in the trailer but were gonna ditch the boat! Needless to say I told them NO! Its a beautiful classic boat, that deserves a good caring home, hence advertising on here, coz I know the people on here care! ;0)
roger

Post by roger »

I just wish I had room for another boat. Shoestring is in bits in one shed, the geep is in a grain store which is a favour for the next month or two and the plastic furball is upside down in the garden. I need to rebuild the shed and then rebuild Shoestring so its with great regret that I cant take her on.
Hope she finds someonewho will care for her.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

We're going to Truro next week if anyone wants anything bringing back as far as Wiltshire......
No. eleven and two zodiacs is quite enough.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
dgih

Post by dgih »

Well, J325 is tonight parked in the drive, she arrived to the greeting "well do we have YET ANOTHER boat then?"!!, so that went quite well!

She will need a coat or two of varnish pending a more thorough overhaul next winter. She will soon take up her role as a fairweather family cruiser at Roadford. Unless Ed fancies a bit of competition of course.

Don't worry Brooksey, I will soon be back with the finn.
David

Finn K475 Finnatic
Jollyboat J325
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Look's to me like you've caught the boat acquisition virus as well David...
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Oh.....there is going to be some competition!!!

Put the Bosham Event in your diary.

We have 4 Jollyboats promised already and looking to get at least another one or two.

this will be the biggest Jollyboat meeting since either the Uffa Fox Centenary (we had 3) or even the MDL Fairey 50th (We had 11/12 with 8 racing) So you really can't miss that.

I am looking forwards to it.

Of course we will have to do some boat-on-boat training at Roadford first!

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
dgih

Post by dgih »

I have put the date in my diary and will do my best to make it, it sounds like it may be a too good an opportunity to miss.

Having had a more thorough look at her, in daylight, I think my 'quick coat of varnish' was probably a tad optimistic. although I will still only touch up the paintwork this year, otherwise she seems to be pretty sound.

I think I should set a realistic target (or a hostage to fortune) of being on the water by the 1st May bank Holiday.

Should give enough time to practice a bit!
David

Finn K475 Finnatic
Jollyboat J325