Hello all.

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Silverfox

Hello all.

Post by Silverfox »

Hi,

just joined the forum and thought I'd say hi to everyone. I'm a mark 1 gull sailor with No. 1066. She's a great little dinghy and me and my son have great fun sailing her up and down Southampton water. This year I am looking to sail her from buckler hard back to Hythe Sailing Club and we have put a provisional date for the journey of July 25th. All we need now is some kind winds.

Not sure if there's many other Gull owners along the south coast but it would be great to have a mass sail!!!. I also do a bit of racing in her at my sailing club but I'm normally up against, darts, lasers, rs so don't normally do to well, although I did beat a leader and a comet on the last race.

Any one interest in a meet please let me know and I might be able to arrange something from my club.

I am also in the process of restoring a GP14 so if any one is interested then please let me know.
Cheers
john
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Hello all.

Post by Ed »

Welcome aboard!

have a look at the CVRDA events and try to make it to one of those....even if you don't want to race, you will often find some like-minded people to cruise with

See you on the water

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

Hello John,

Also the proud owner of project 1598 I understand. Dad was thrilled she has gone to a good home. Welcome to the cvrda. I have a Geep but she is now going to another member for restoration as part of a youth project. Seems the Devereux fleet is diminishing quite drastically this week.
1598 raced at one of the cvrda events at Shearwater with my dad at the helm and my mother offering advice on the shore(she has a reputation there). If you look in the gallery under Shearwater there may be some pics there.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Hi roger,
she certainly has gone to a good home. My son is very excited, although not sure how long it will last LOL. If his interest doesn't last long then I have another plan. My brother, after sailing in mine, is keen to get one so either way she will be restored and will grace the local rivers for some time to come.
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
roger

Post by roger »

Be good to see some before and after pics and I may tell the full story of why the ali mast has a wooden top :oops:
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Your dad did mention something about a capsize in the surf, but said no more than that LOL
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
kfz

Post by kfz »

Silverfox wrote: I am also in the process of restoring a GP14 so if any one is interested then please let me know.
Cheers
john

Hi SF,
What GP are you restoring. Im well into s/n 47 Caltha.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I saw a Gull advertised for sale on the club noticeboard at Bristol Corinthian if anyone else is interested.