Bosun mast wanted

Post your requirements here
Watchet Sailor

Bosun mast wanted

Post by Watchet Sailor »

I am the sailing instructor to the 1st Watchet Sea Scout Group, we have 4 Bosun dinghies amongst our fleet, but only 3 rigs (masts and sails). Does anyone have or know of a rig and sails. I have tried the Bosun class association and various online sites ie EBay, Boats and Outboards, ApolloDuck but to no avail.

Ideally located in the South West would be better.

Many thanks.

Watchet Sailor
Spiderman

Re: Bosun mast wanted

Post by Spiderman »

Hi,
I have a virtually new Bosun mast that was rejected due to having a sideways bend at deck level. the sidewall is not kinked and with care it may be possible to straighten it ( I have had some success with similar bends in the past). For your purposes, if serious racing is not a priority, I think that the mast would be useable as it is. There is no running or standing rigging, but the mast is otherwise complete so if you are interested let me know and I will dig it out for a closer look. I am based to the West of Oxford near Burford so may or may not be close enough to you, but if ever you are up this way I could meet you somewhere. There were some nice looking Bosun sails made by R+J on a post in the Bits for sail section of the forum recently which may have sold already,but may be worth checking out. Also, I am pretty sure that Enterprise sails may fit reasonably well on a Bosun and may be easier to source. Hope this is of some help.
Regards
Ian
Nessa

Re: Bosun mast wanted

Post by Nessa »

I got given a Bosun jib not long ago. Not pretty but useable. I may also be able to source some more sails, otherwise I wonder how a set of Kestrel sails would do?

I wonder if you are the same Watchet sailor who did his ticket at Wimbleball when I did mine?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World