Classics sailor selling non classic Comet

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Anyone looking for a GRP non classic to sail while all that varnish goes on? Comet 190 is for sale for £875 ono. She comes with new mast, good Hyde sail and 2 old Morrisons and all the kit. Still not decided what to buy in her place, so all ideas welcome. Has to be fast, though, to keep up with the front end of the handicap fleet at Whitefriars. Shame ToYs are so rare! Possibly an early 70's wide N12? Shame I'm not man enough for Nick's Finn!
Rupert
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

what you want is a cvrda qualifying int. canoe, Big Al knows of a ToY's whereabouts (I think)
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I advertised and sold my ToY a couple of years ago and since then I have had 7 or 8 enquiries, the latest on Saturday.

Go for an IC. ToYs disintegrate easily, though it could just be my hamfisted sailing approach.

There was a classic IC for sale in Devon last week for £175.......
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I think the Classic Canoe might be a bit too fast for a small lake...too many corners to go round!
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

What about an Int Moth ?
Try this page http://www.int-moth.org.uk/FatBoat1SP.htm
or a classic/old Merlin
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If a Magnum 3 turned up I would be tempted - they qualify for CVRDA - but does anyone remember what handicap they sailed off at that time?
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

Back in the early '70 I was sailing off 97....
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

97.Same as I'm sailing the OK off.A baby Finn. What more could you want?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Will you be at Bowmoor with yours, balance allowing? If so, I'd love a go, please.
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just been looking at the OK forum, on which Nick and Alan appear! Nick, if you are going to sail a cvrda OK, then 3 would be more fun wouldn't it? could get some great competition going! Of course, we'd have to catch Alan first...
Rupert
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

I hope to be at Bowmoor but I MUST keep my ear dry so let's hope it'll be lightish. A test sail in 1211 is no problem. I know the boat that Nick has been offered.It's a nice boat that, although sailed a lot, has not been stored outside I believe. I'm sure Nick would have it looking wonderful in next to no time.
A mate of mine here in Portsmouth would like to sell K1936 which is an O'Donnell composite from 1979.CVRDA stuff.Sound with a good rig, trolley, cover etc. but the fordeck has delaminated in just one spot on the port side.Could be redecked on this side only to save time/money.He's looking for £200.I took it to an open meeting on a gravelpit two years ago and it went very well.Did'nt come last anyway.Mate's name is Gareth Tovey.Email: webmaster@portsmouthsc.co.uk
See you soon, ALAN
Mark

Post by Mark »

See how the boys get on ..... I might make it 4
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
edjpa

Post by edjpa »

When I was the same size Rupert is now, (28 years and 4 stone ago) I _loved_ sailing our school OK. That was a composite but was not hugely fast - another club member had a plastic OK with metal mast that I was very jealous of. I'd go for it Rupert if I were you - there is nothing more challenging on a very broad reach near the leaward mark in a blow! You can't duck in untill the boom is already gybing.....*!

john./
--
John P Andrews
Whitefriars Sailing CLub
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Have to sell first! The N12 (a nice wide one!) is still high on my list, as there would be more room for Charlie or Pippa to play! A sail in Alan's OK at Bowmoor will decide me one way or the other.
I must admit that after damaging myself in a Europe rather a lot, the low boom will need a close (but not too close!) look.
Rupert
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

There's more! A couple of weeks ago K1207 was sold on ebay(cheap). I emailed the winner telling him all about CVRDA.Recieved a friendly reply from a Phil and it appears that the hull has been painted,varnished and sorted but all the fittings etc are in a box and need putting back on. He says he'll stay in contact and let me know of progress so perhaps we'll see Phil and 1207 next year.
5 in 2005?
Then there's Duncan, of Immaculate Enterprise fame, who said he'd really like a singlehander in his collection too.Number 6?
The Magnificent Severn anyone?
I think I'll go and have a nice quiet lie down in a cold bath now and pinch myself.