Does this sum up the CVRDA ??

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
clibb

Does this sum up the CVRDA ??

Post by clibb »

Letter to a men's helpline............

I really need your advice on a serious problem. I have suspected for some time that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up. She goes out with the girls a lot. I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home, but I usually fall asleep.

Anyway, last night about midnight I hid in the the shed behind the boat. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment, crouched behind the boat, that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket. Is that something I can weld, or do I need to replace the whole bracket ?

Nick - Intl.14 - 839
jpa_wfsc

Re: Does this sum up the CVRDA ??

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I think I have one in the shed you can replace the current one with - anyone travelling my way next weekend?
roger

Post by roger »

Nick I think you can probably weld it ok. :lol:
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Dear Nick

Whatever you do think about this carefullly. Is it better to fix things up or get a replacement? The attractions of the replacement are many fold. However just because it is new doesn't mean to say that the build quality is as good as the original - they just don't seem to last and can let you down at the critical moment. So having considered all the options stick with the old one. Try to patch it up and besides I am sure that she will be used to giving a hand to flip the boat over in the garage whereas a replacement will need trained and (heaven forbid) may not even like sailing. Better the devil you know.........