An old friend

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
neil
Site Admin

An old friend

Post by neil »

Nice to see my old Tideway is still looking good - http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk ... ?id=246681

Good price as well.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Ed
Site Admin

Re: An old friend

Post by Ed »

Mine doesn't look nearly so good, but I washed out a winter-length of crap out of the bottom and turned her over last night.

Very interesting, after 12 months on a mud berth and a month drying out on the bank, there appears to be no damage really worth fixing on the bottom of hull. OK it was a warm winter, but we still had a few hard frosts....This is the first time I have ever had nothing to do to the bottom of hull.

For those that are interested.....the paint lay-up was patched in G4 where the aluminium primer had lost grip. So two points: G4 seems to stay stuck to the wood much longer and stronger than simple aluminium wood primer and G4 can patch in over a layup of ali-primer, trad undercoat and trad topcoat. Reckon this process was done over 2 or 3 years with I suspect pretty much all the patches on the underwater section of hull now running together to have the G4, hence no work this year.

OK, it isn't pretty (like Neil's old boat) but it is just fine for a working-boat that sits on the river or river-bank for 365 days a year.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it