1939 International 14...Free to a good home!

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Matt L

1939 International 14...Free to a good home!

Post by Matt L »

Free to a good home...1939 Uffa Fox international 14 K414 'Red Rover'.

This is a Project with a capital P. Hull still has its shape but needs a total re-build. Mast, boom and foils all apparently original but requiring serious work. On the plus side she is mostly complete and has a lot of original fittings.

Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewlin ... 035994430/

matthew_lingley@hotmail.com
imptoo

Re: 1939 International 14...Free to a good home!

Post by imptoo »

I'm glad I'll 3,000 miles away or this boat would be way too tempting for my own good! She'll be a ton of work to restore but there can't be very many ribbed I-14 woodies left. I hope she finds a good home.

George in Maryland
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I happen to know where there is another ribbed 14 that is in much better condition than this having been dry stored for a number of years. It is fairly complete apart from the mast and sails which are missing. This one may also be going very cheap, if not free to a good home, so if anyone is interested I will try to find out some more details.

Regards

Ian M
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Certainly do find details.....and tell us.

but this one also needs a good home!

I am sure someone will want to take her on. It would be good if it was someone from the CVRDA.

It looks like one of those boats where as soon as you touch it, it will fall into a million and one bits.

The big question with these is how much do you want to do....and how hard do you want to sail her at the end of it.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Matt L

Post by Matt L »

If I can't find her a home soon it might be a bonfire! I think I have one sorted...will keep you posted.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Matt L wrote:If I can't find her a home soon it might be a bonfire! I think I have one sorted...will keep you posted.
Oh Lordy.... if it's going to be a bonfire, I'll take it. I would dearly love to own one of these pre-war 14s, but ideally not for a few years. Still, I can't bear the thought that such an historic boat might get trashed.
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com