Pisces ID

an area to discuss dinghy developments
dengie boy

Pisces ID

Post by dengie boy »

Good evening, I am a new member and would like to ask if anyone knows how many Pisces dinghies were produced.I have looked at most of the related content on line.I have sail number 202 and was interested if i could pin a year to it.Regards Martin
Nigel

Re: Pisces ID

Post by Nigel »

Hi Martin,

welcome to the CVRDA :) .

I used to own Pisces 203. I could not find much information on them though - designed/built by Glass Ships Lts of Hayling Island and a PY at the time of 103 (compared with a Laser at 95).

Nice well mannered little boats.

Nigel
corribee tom

Post by corribee tom »

Hi Martin have you been out for a sail yet? id imagine its looking very shiny by now! (Tom at Mersea with the moth you bought it from) :D
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Seemed like a nice boat when I borrowed Nigel's. Pity it couldn't compete with the Laser.
Rupert
dengie boy

Post by dengie boy »

Thanks for the information , i think all recorded history has been discussed. It just had a light polishing and looks very presentable.thanks Tom.I have not sailed it yet,went wayfarer sailing last weekend up to bradwell and st peters.i have been thinking about what you said of fixing a small block on a steel plate on the centre board housing to take the main sheet plenty of options in the chandlers.Looks like a substantial piece of fiber glass should be a good fixing, won't know till i try.just waiting for the next decent weekend Regards Martin :D :D
trebor

Post by trebor »

Hi Martin, I fixed stainless steel plate on to dagger board housing, due to deck being moulded upside down the gel settles in lowest point, the top of housing, thus you will find the top of housing is very thick and offers good fixing, you can see how I did it on my website, just click on link at bottom of page, I have pulled my self back in to boat using centre block loads of times, so it appears to be well fixed. Rob.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Martin,

suggest you rig her like a laser with an aft sheet runing forward along the boom then down to the block on the centreboard housing. If you rig her with a straight centre main, the skinny boom will bend too much.
trebor

Post by trebor »

Hi Nigel, I should have credited you, it was your suggestion regarding pulling myself back in, that I fixed it so well. Rob.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk