new loving homes needed.....

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Nessa

new loving homes needed.....

Post by Nessa »

An emergency appointment with the surgeon shows that the forearm meltdown that stopped me going to Whitefriars is actually a nasty case of medial epicondylitis, or Golfer's Elbow, brought on by abnormal uses of the wrist and forearm during all its time in splints and and casts over the last 30 months. Use of all power tools, and most boat work movements are out of bounds, so once agian all my projects go on to the back burner.

I am now so fed up of all this (not likely to get better for quite a while, and even when it does repetitive actions will be out) that while I don't really want to put some of the boats up for sale, if there were enthusiasts out there interested I would happily part with the ToY, ye olde phantome and possibly even the i14, provided they went to proper people who would care for them. My contender will almost certainly be up for sale, but that's not one to advertise here, but I will be keeping hold of the rest (kestrel, moth) for the time being because they need little or no heavy (to me) work. The cherub can't really be moved on because it's currently in bits!

So if you're interested in any of these make me a decent offer and who knows what might happen!

edited to add an olde rolande europe, pretty boat, I have all the parts!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nigel

Re: new loving homes needed.....

Post by Nigel »

Hi Nessa,

very sorry to hear that.

If you are looking to sell the Megabyte there was a guy in Scotland (the previous owner of mine) who was looking to buy another on the Megabyte forum. (if not, I think Rupert was smitten :) )
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Nessa,
I am extremely sorry to hear about your latest setback, it must be terribly frustrating for you. I was hoping to get to sail against you at one of the events this year, but unfortunately that seems rather less likely now. At least I might hope to meet up with you at one of them so we can have a chat about Moths as well as boats in general. If you are serious about looking for homes for some of your boats, and I can imagine how hard that decision must be, I may well be interested in the Roland Europe, depending of course what you consider a decent enough offer! The ebay Marauder price bracket is way out of my league I'm afraid....
Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you can get back to sailing and/ or tinkering with boats in the not too distant future.

Regards

Ian M
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am pretty open to offers on the europe - it needs a lot doing to it, and I need the space it is taking up. Where are you based Ian?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Nessa,
If you can give me some idea of just how much work is needed on the Europe as that will help me decide if it is within my capabilities to get her back on the water. I have got somewhere I can store it until I can complete my other projects and make a start on the restoration work. I am based about 20 miles West of Oxford on the edge of the Cotswolds so not too far away really.
Oh can you also let me know what parts you have to go with it so that I have an idea what else I might need to source in order to make a complete package.
Regards

Ian M
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

Spiderman wrote:Hi Nessa,
If you can give me some idea of just how much work is needed on the Europe as that will help me decide if it is within my capabilities to get her back on the water. I have got somewhere I can store it until I can complete my other projects and make a start on the restoration work. I am based about 20 miles West of Oxford on the edge of the Cotswolds so not too far away really.
Oh can you also let me know what parts you have to go with it so that I have an idea what else I might need to source in order to make a complete package.
Regards

Ian M

We'll need to make some room first! :lol: :lol: