lowrider for sale on ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
corribee tom

lowrider for sale on ebay

Post by corribee tom »

Another moth for sale on ebay, looks ok if someone wants one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/International ... 20c92a4428
JB9

Re: lowrider for sale on ebay

Post by JB9 »

Looks OK and fairly close so will probably bid.
Harrier 25
505 7163
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Another magnum 8 looking at info I had for my 6 it was clive everests boat as my 6 is 3909 ! :lol:
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

*checks over shoulder to make sure SWMBO isn't reading*
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Stu is quite right in saying that 3908 was originally Clive Everest's boat and is indeed a Magnum 8. It is also slightly unusual in that unlike most other 8s it does not have the high domed foredeck so the boom is attached to the mast well above the base more like the rig on a Magnum 6. Melvyn Cooper's 3911, JC's 3913 and Roger's 3920 all had the high peaked foredeck and the boom attached to the hull via a gooseneck on the diagonal bulkheads just behind the mast foot. This also requireed a mast spanner to ensure that the mast rotated with the boom. I seem to remember that there were a number of gooseneck and kicker U bolt failures as this type of set up was being developed. The Aussies solved the gooseneck problem by reverting to having the boom attached to the mast via jaws and a pin just above the mast base. This also eliminated the need for a spanner unless like Clive you wanted to get the mast to over-rotate. Clive devised an ingenious system for doing this automatically each time you tacked or gybed as seen on the Ghoul 3 design.
Clive attended the 1987 Moth Worlds in Sweden sailing 3908 and was the only skiff to "go out for a play" on the day that racing was abandoned due to high winds. Several scows went out and showed just how fast they can be in the right hands (Ian Ward from WA) when it's howling. Clive was absolutely flying until he performed a spectacular nosedive breaking his rudder gantry in the process. Needless to say it was all put back together in true Moth style and Clive was back racing the next day. Can't say that I know much about it's history after Clive, but Rob Campbell may have owned it for a while.

Regards

Ian M
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Cheers Ian your info is great ,I will need some info or help when I come to rig my 8 as it had been messed with a bit as it looks like its rig has been altered.
Cheers Stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825