Nationals 2012.

Chat about CVRDA events
Spiderman

Re: Nationals 2012.

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Nessa,
Moth Wings: I am trailing my 6 with the wings and tramps still on which is how I used to do it back in the day. The max beam of the wings was decided by the legal width limit for trailing so no problems with the law, you just need to remember to leave a bit more room than normal when driving down narrow lanes and overtaking parked cars! The main reason for leaving them on is that it takes a lot less time to rig up at the other end and you are less likely to lose any of the bits and pieces. On the odd occasion I did leave the wings off I used to put the wings on the roof rack with the longitudinal bars fore and aft between to two roofrack members and the transverse bars crossed in the middle forming an "X" when viewed from in front of the car. A couple of bungees lashing them together where they cross makes them nice and rigid in this position. As you are bringing two boats you may already be using the roof rack for one of them in which case I would suggest putting the Magnum on the roof the right way up sitting on its trolley (minus wheels) and leave the wings on. Parked cars are less of an issue with this arrangement, but buses and trucks need a bit more clearance. If your wings are already off then as you suggest you can lash them on top of each other on the boat with some suitable padding...what do you think?
Cheers
Ian M
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

her off the telly blanched a bit when i mentioned travelling with the wings on and since it's so blowy today I'm not likely to get the boat afloat before Saturday it's looking like wings off will be the way to go. I will probably lash them on top of the yellow peril with something soft in between.

I am still scouring the house for all the parts, notably the shrouds and broken prodder....
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I can bring a spare prodder which may fit your mast depending on the type of fitting yours has. Bring your broken one anyway and maybe we can effect a repair. Is your prodder ally or carbon?

Regards

Ian M
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

ally. I just ventured into the boat shed to find it. I have too much stuff. I also found the sail I bought from ebay - the one which I think has an aussie sail number. Not in good nick. I must look for the other one!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I found the prodder.

My Wave kit arrieved today, it is very fine!

Jonny Tom Tom is coming to sail the purple magnum. He and his mum want to come and camp on Friday night. JTT was Mikey's crew at Wraysbury. Do they need to contact someone for the camping?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If anyone needs a crew for the weekend, we can only bring boats enough for 3 people, but there are 4 of us! It may well be that Charlie, age 12, (5 foot tall, between 6 and 7 stone, I guess, but stupidly strong for his size) with be available for the right price... being 12, this will be cheaper than the beer his dad would charge!
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Jollyboat 325 was looking for a crew?
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Post by roger »

Depends how much I sail but the Hornet may need a trapeze artist. Anyone got a spare harness that needs a rinse.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Yes, we have two spare, one old style adult and one adjustable for juniors. I will try to remember to bring both.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

That would be great, thanks - Charlie spent some tome crewing recently on a Trapeze, and now can't see the point in sitting out...

see you tomorrow!
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Thanks Bough Beechand and Trevor great weekend and the weather was kind.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Back home with a great run - no traffic problems at all - altough a bit wet as we went west. Thanks to all at Bough Beech for a great Bank Holiday weekend and for organising the weather which this year has been a real challenge.
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Many thanks to all at Bough Beech SC for a fantastic weekend.

My thanks to all those who helped and supported me getting Jollyboat J325 back on the water after a very long period ashore (she probably got wetter inside than out thanks to some lack of expertise flying a trapeze artist!!)

My special thanks to Bruce and Barbara without whom I wouldn't have been able to sail.

David, if you are reading this I am going to send you some photos of J325 enjoying herself...

And thanks to everyone who voted us the best looking boat on the water.

Great racing and great sportsmanship from all competitors.

Hoping to see all at Bosham later in the year.

Best Regards, Chris Wood
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

It was a great weekend, thank you Trevor and team.

I vote BBSC kitchen staff the best out there - loads of great food, 3 times a day, and cake on tap!

Many thanks also to Minisail Dean for helping after my back went, and to the Jollyboat team for helping Kathryn get everything together when packing boats away whilst I stood there feeling useless...
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

It was great that so many of you were able to come, even from Belgium. A real eclectic mix of boats too, some racing some not, but hopefully all enjoyed the sailing and hospitality. I will pass on the mesages to Pauline and the galley team who worked very hard all weekend.

I will post a link to a selection of the photos asap.
Harrier 25
505 7163