Minisail Sprite for sale on minisail.org.uk

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
RonnyDG

Minisail Sprite for sale on minisail.org.uk

Post by RonnyDG »

Just in case you missed it; http://minisail.org.uk/?p=670
Could be the best £200 you spend this year, considering what you get in return.
Granted I am biased because I love the boat. But this is off the shelf buy and sail (and transport).

Greetings,
Ronny
Greetings,
Ronny
GAVinT

Re: Minisail Sprite for sale on minisail.org.uk

Post by GAVinT »

Hi Ronnie, where in East Anglian you are situated, as I am very interested in the Minisail, pm me if you would be so kind , thanks Gavin.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Ronnie is just passing the info on, so best to contact the email at the bottom of the ad. She does look like a great boat, and both wooden Sprites were sailing nicely and looking good with their new red striped R&J sails at the cvrda Nationals this weekend.

But (doh) we didn't get a pic of them together...
Rupert
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Cheers,yes I did do that last evening with my contact number, but it was returned Mailer-Daemon. Yahoo, etc,having put the requisite . and @ in place of at/dot (dronskiuk at yahoo dot com)had it returned!
I have a penchant for woodies. My plastic Minisprint rests round the side of the house, still without sliding seat etc, and as I am currently recovering from a triple bypass,maybe if successful with acquiring the wooden Minisail, initially use the shortened mast and handkerchief sized sail that the plastic one came with, to ease back onto the water in a relatively relaxed manner. I would love to be her custodian anyway, kind regards Gavin

Ps also I think my enthusiasm with a wooden Mirror dinghy i got for similar reasons before my op has wained and space is not @ a premium, so I am selling the bits and bobs.
Metal and wooden masts/wood gaff,dagger/centreboard, rudder tiller and extension, main and jib sails, there is the hull which has had a repair roughly done,by me but I haven't put it in the water so can't say if it's ok, and would need a trailer to remove, either way ' with or without it asking £65, before fleabaying them/it, situated near Colchester thanks.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Will check if we have another contact.
Rupert
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

Gavin,

I send a message to Andrew (dronskiuk at yahoo dot com) telling him the problem.
Looks like I don't have the trouble you experience. I'll try to figure out what could be going on.

Ronny
Greetings,
Ronny
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Gavin,

PM sent to you with a contact number for the seller.
Rupert
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Contact made With Andrew and all being well I should be the proud owner of the craft fairly soon. I will of course update you on it.
Thanks very much Rupert and Ronny for your help,
Kind regards Gavin
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

Congratulations Gavin.
Yes please do keep us updated.

Greetings,
Ronny
Greetings,
Ronny
Pat

Post by Pat »

I noticed a minisail on ebay yesterday too.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Rupert
phil58490

Post by phil58490 »

Just across the Tamar in South East Cornwall

Solo 4928
Solo 3406
Hit 5 Sold
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

:roll: Both with the moulded seat supports like the first one I owned, the current one being the bolt on type. It is now joined by the Sprite. :P
I tried several times (previously and today) to post a bit on the Minisail Forum (must be doing something wrong-attatchment sizes for one, but registered with Google!)?
Anyway I was Toying-bad pun with making the vendor of a Toy that was still being sailed up to last Frostbite series an offer, but is slowly being engulfed in weeds at Ardleigh. I see Nessa has one on offer, so better not say too much on that score.
Anyway once the glitches with contact were solved, as of today I am the proud new owner of the Wooden Minisail Sandpiper-which reminds me of a Mini Fireball, which is a boat I have ownedImage(3 in fact).
I really need something lighter than my old Merlin Rocket, especially after 11 months off the water. I managed one sail in her last October, and the Mirror doesnt seem to fit that bill, which I thought it would!
Is a Sprite CVRDA approved at events, as I would like to be thinking of travelling further to take part in other events away from home base, next year, but maybe not too far afield.
Maybe could try to arrange an impromptu get together at Ardleigh, Imagevery handy for the Harwich ferry Ronny.
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

A Sprite is CVRDA approved all right, Rupert does well in his at events (understatement).

Having trouble posting on the Minisail forum? Keep trying, as for attachments use external links ( like you do here). I am certain there will be a round of applause if you announce your Sprite there.

Harwich - Vlaardingen (Rotterdam Holland) would be the ferry for me to take I think. And I would, Ostend (where I live) - Rotterdam isn't that far.
Greetings,
Ronny
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Great that you have now got her, and good to see you have managed to navigate the minisail forum, too, in the end!

I can see that with European input, eastern events are something I'll have to get used to. Oh god, more trips round the M25...
Rupert