Rannoch: Uffa Fox International Canoe - SOLD

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
neil
Site Admin

Rannoch: Uffa Fox International Canoe - SOLD

Post by neil »

After a lot of thought I've decided to put Rannoch, my Uffa Fox International Canoe on the market. Due to the onset of old age and the current restoration of Zenith it's time for someone else to enjoy her.

Full details, and images, are on the advert on Apollo Duck - http://www.apolloduck.com/advert.phtml?id=267946
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Hotspur

Re: Rannoch: Uffa Fox International Canoe for sale

Post by Hotspur »

Beautiful - would love one of these.

If only I could afford it... :oops:
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Great blog Hotspur, as we live near to Clacton, as the crow flies anyway, it was great to hear first, and then see from our sitting room window, the Vulcan bomber flying past, that is in your blog,s picture album.
I have also seen the battle of Britain flight and Red arrows from the comfort of the old armchair recently And the B17 Flying Fortress doing a Jubilee "fly past" too.
So as a bit of an aircraft enthusiast also, I think Classic boats,bikes,cars and aircraft go hand in hand, /i used to see the other Vulcan when attendiing a classic club, in Rochford-Southend airport, and the one when camping adjacent to the museum in Newark,for anual weekends @ Notts Americana- is that the one flying now?.
Anyway, to avoid completey hyjacking the thread over planes /and getting back on track over the boat for sale, yes that International canoe looks fab.
However, despite owning a sliding seatless Minisprint would have to concede that Fitness issues allied to ano domini(tooth length)and limited sailing ability would negate my being tempted to add such a wonderous device to own small collection of dinghies.
Seems to be an advanced stage craft way out of my own league.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Thanks for your kind words Gavin. I agree about classic forms of transport... Some more than most, with the likes of the Fairey Firefly, Albacore and Swordfish all being aircraft as well as dinghies, the latter built with techniques developed on aircraft. Uffa Fox designed a lifeboat for air-dropping. It's all connected at one level or another.

I think the Vulcan at Newark is still there. The one flying was at Bruntingthorpe after its RAF days until it was restored to flight in 2007-8 when it lived at Brize Norton for a bit, then Doncaster. The Southend one is working its way back to taxiing condition, while the one at Wellesbourne runs every so often.

I'm beginning to think a smaller single seater would be the way to go. I haven't managed to do anything with my Merlin Rocket this year. It's too big for me to manhandle unfortunately. And that Canoe is gorgeous...
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
keithr

Post by keithr »

Nice to see Andy's peggie in the background
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

As the sun is shining I've advertised Rannoch again - full details at http://www.apolloduck.com/advert.phtml?id=267946

neil
Site Admin

Re: Rannoch: Uffa Fox International Canoe - SOLD

Post by neil »

Rannoch now has a new home :)