Bosham Classic Boat Revival

Chat about CVRDA events
Seafire

Bosham Classic Boat Revival

Post by Seafire »

Entry is now open for the 2nd annual Bosham Classic Boat Revival. 22nd/23rd September 2012.

Check out the details here - http://boshamsailingclub.com/classic-boat-revival/

We had a great turnout of CVRDA members for last years event and are hoping to top that this year.

Look forward to welcoming all CVRDA members.
Pat

Re: Bosham Classic Boat Revival

Post by Pat »

We're already booked in to park the van in Tim and Suzanne's garden again. Looking forward to it.

Are you going to be Granny Aching again Rupert?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
roger

Post by roger »

I am really sorry but we cant make it this year.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Pat wrote:We're already booked in to park the van in Tim and Suzanne's garden again. Looking forward to it.

Are you going to be Granny Aching again Rupert?
I hope to be!

I have lots of info to post, but it will have to wait till tuesday!
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I now have the below from Andrew Young about the event, and there will be more on the main site soon:

Hi Guys & Gals

The 2012 Classic Boat Revival Notice of Race is now published and the ONLINE ENTRY Form is now live on our website.

Please follow the links on the event page here http://www.boshamsailingclub.com/classic-boat-revival/ and get your entries in ASAP.

As those of you who came last year will know, we are hoping to be able to offer some visitors free accommodation with BSC members for the weekend, ranging from camping in gardens, parking of camper vans or if you are really lucky, in house with a nice warm bed and bathrooms...! If this is of interest, please contact Peter Shaw at p dot s dot shaw1 at gmail.com (repalce the dots with . and the at with @) who has kindly agreed to coordinate inquiries.

On the social side we are planning a club supper on the Friday evening, with live Jazz to help the evening along. On Saturday evening we will have a party with another live band and supper, tickets are £20 and should be ordered when entering.

Please feel free to spread the word and encourage others to come down for a cracking weekend.....

We will be in touch in the coming days with yet more event updates and news, meantime if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Cheers

Andrew Young
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

no mention of manky old kestrels on that list.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Even the Minisail was welcome, so a Kestrel should be no problem...
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

I put my application in for the Pink pass today! :oops: :)
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Over 60 entries now... wish I could be there!
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

So, who is coming?

I going with my Firefly, Maybe single handed or could use a crew if anyone is interested on one of the days. (Saturday I think.)
Michael Brigg
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am going with the manky kestrel and am taking Jonny Tom Tom and her off the telly, so may have a spare crew,
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
whacko!
Location: Emsworth, Hants; usually sail in Chichester Harbour

Post by whacko! »

I'll be there with Fireball 6.
davidh

Post by davidh »

and I'll be there with my 'new of the world hack' hat on, so remember that if you say anything to me, (even good morning, hullo, how are you) then this will be considered 'on record' and therefore quotable. Word has reached me that Roger is not going to be there, maybe the threat of my publishing pictures of him topless has scared him off.

see you all then.............

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

An eventful and challenging weekend! :D :D :D

Once again Bosham served up superb sailing for all tastes, with Sunny late summer sailing on day one and arthritis inducing, buttock clenching terror on day two. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A report will follow, with tales of flying moths, mud skipping BMW MPV's, bacon baps and death rolls.

Thank you Bosham, I'll have another one please!!

Hope you all managed to aquaglide safely home. :twisted:
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

I've seen some good events this year, but the Bosham Classic revival takes some beating!! So many stunning boats, have some interesting pics. Good to see the CVRDA well represented with a certain Firefly sailed by our own Mr Briggs, Pat and Sandy in an Applecore and a hard working Nessa in a kestrel. I'm sure that there were other too but...my attention kept getting drawn to the well sailed Shelley Moth of Ian marshall, mind youm it was great conditions for a Moth of that vintage. Not sure how he would have faired on the Sunday......

I was on the RIB with the guys looking for the Concours winner, I do not envy them the job. So many good candidates; a nicely reworked Int 14, a couple of smart Merlins, the aforementioned Moth and a very, very well restored Jollyboat (and this is from an observer who doesn't rate the Jollyboat as a very good example of a fairey boat). Amongst the other boats, the Christchurch Coot looked good though I'd say it was eclipsed by the Aldebrugh Lapwing.

Please tell (I'd say "put me out of my misery" but I know where my money would be) - so who won the Concours?

D
David H