National 12 wanted (free if possible)

Post your requirements here
chopperado

National 12 wanted (free if possible)

Post by chopperado »

National 12 wanted any condition 4 plank round or clinker the more interesting the better free to good home would be nice. I'm in Essex travel within reason WHY. Regards Paul tel 07960 874365
Dare Barry

Re: National 12 wanted (free if possible)

Post by Dare Barry »

Look on the Nat12 web page, there are several offers that might interest you.
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Paul
Are you still looking for a N12? We have one abandoned in our dinghy park which the owner has just given us written permission to dispose of as we see fit. Shame to watch it falling to bits, in it's day it was a lovely boat , and a fast one.
Let me know on here if you would still be interested.
Regards
Steve
Should have mentioned it's in Nottingham.
chopperado

Post by chopperado »

Hi yes very interested can you give me more info about the boat regards Paul
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

I shall be going out later to see if the Trent has reached our dinghy park yet, and will have a look at the N12 - anything in particular you need to know?
Later . . . got some photos but will have to email them if you could pm me an address to send them.
Round hull, sail no. 3203. New Alverbanks, measured and signed by Brian Herring, but the main has a hole chewed in it, I think it could be patched. Jib is lovely just needs cleaning. Needs redecking but the hull is sound, launching trolley well and truly shot, ali mast and boom, dangly jib pole, two large self bailers and a cover that would clean up perfectly well, rudder and tiller ok.
Cheers
Steve
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Photos too large to email, they are now here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91491512@N07/
chopperado

Post by chopperado »

Steve really interested in the 12 looks like a viable project what does the club want for it can come with trailer early in new year

Regards Paul
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Paul
Sent you a pm, it's negotiable!
Cheers
Steve
Dare Barry

Post by Dare Barry »

Paul. The boat you are looking at is a Crusader design built in 1982 by Gerry Ledger.Gerry build good boats and once done up this would be a quick boat for inland club racing. Hope you have a go.
Dare Barry
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

I'm afraid this boat is no longer up for grabs. A couple of our club members were poking about over the festive season and realising there lies a perfectly sound boat under the grime have arranged to buy it from the club. It must have been really well built to have suffered no more than superficial damage after some five years of complete neglect.
Paul, sorry this one hasn't worked out and hope you find something suitable soon.
All the best,
Steve
chopperado

Post by chopperado »

Another one bites the dust lol. So still looking for another project someting nearer essex would be nice on plus point n2905 gets launched tomorrow my boy is gonna sail it. Would consider graduate or signet or merlin etc if no nationals available