Dinghy show?

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Max McCarthy

Dinghy show?

Post by Max McCarthy »

Hi all,

Who is going? I really enjoyed last year, and have just bought the tickets - Is there a cvrda stand this year?

I also enjoyed David's talk last year...and as I gather, he is doing one again this year, on the history of the mirror classes....

Hope to put a few names to faces....

Best wishes,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Rupert

Re: Dinghy show?

Post by Rupert »

No cvrda stand, I'm afraid - I don't think there is enough money in the account to pay for one.

I'll be there all weekend, spending some or all of Sat on the Lightning stand with Charlie, and wandering around Sun with rest of family.
Rupert
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

I'm going on the Saturday. The usual routine is for CVRDA members to meet under the organ at 1300(?). Roger or Pat or someone will know the correct time.
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Should this not be in the gravely underused "Social Events" section?

Not that I'm all that worried if it's not, but it would be nice to see a bit more external networking in that section. (Although perhaps that might develop into a danger of promoting local cliques I suppose.)

Things like visits to local Nautical museums (allowing us to ask visitors to look out for specific information or to aquire photographs if allowed) and Boat Jumbles as well.

Does the Mod team need to put a "sticky" instruction in that section to encourge its use?

I hope I can get to the Show, but might be "busy."

I'm thinking of volunteering to do stint on the Firefly stand if I get the Pink pass.
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... if you do it at 1pm I'll miss my beer with Sandy (and with Sandy being a Scot even being able to share the same beer mat is a thing to wonder at)...can we delay until 13.50 by which time I'll be in desperate need of a beer!

D
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/1 ... s-lined-up
David H
roger

Post by roger »

I wont be going this year to much to do to little time.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

I might be there on the Saturday and if I am I'll be rather tied up with class association stuff.
Best wishes

SB
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

I'm thinking about going on Saturday, depend if I've got time with getting the boat ready for the new season. Would be good to meet up with people.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Michael Brigg wrote:Should this not be in the gravely underused "Social Events" section?

Not that I'm all that worried if it's not, but it would be nice to see a bit more external networking in that section. (Although perhaps that might develop into a danger of promoting local cliques I suppose.)

Things like visits to local Nautical museums (allowing us to ask visitors to look out for specific information or to aquire photographs if allowed) and Boat Jumbles as well.

Does the Mod team need to put a "sticky" instruction in that section to encourge its use?

I hope I can get to the Show, but might be "busy."

I'm thinking of volunteering to do stint on the Firefly stand if I get the Pink pass.
Hi Michael,

Sorry, I completely forgot about the social area on these forums! I am very happy to let this thread be moved, if that is the right area for it...I think, a 'sticky', in that area would be a good idea to remind people of its use....

On a side note, I plan to be going down on the Sunday - it looks to me like Saturday seems to be more popular, but I have Saturday school then (unfortunately)...

I look forward to meeting some of you...

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Pat

Post by Pat »

Meet in the Ale bar, not under the organ. Got to get the priorities right!
Timing - to fit in with David's talk.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

we should be there on the Saturday, even though I have apparently described it as 'boring, samey, dull etc.' Nothing like Her Indoors to remind me of my better self on my best days.

ale bar it is, with a ready bag of rotten fruit....
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nessa..... with one of the 'factoids' that I've unearthed you may well want hand grenades to go with the rotten fruit!

HOHOHO

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sorry Luke............forgot to say - I'll see you at the show and we can share 'smokers' stories!

D
David H
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

I must get around to going again some year. The last one I went to was in Picketts Lock. I remember seeing a brand new class called the Topper. Those plastic things will never catch on I said to myself.....
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

davidh wrote:Sorry Luke............forgot to say - I'll see you at the show and we can share 'smokers' stories!

D

Sounds good David, though I would imagine yours far outnumber mine. I do love the stories of old boats, more interesting things seemed to happen back then.

Did you manage to substantiate the story of the 'Adur' Merlin buried on the beach?
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven