What's your wheels?

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Nessa

Re: What's your wheels?

Post by Nessa »

Her indoors has a mk2 Toyota MR2. It is useless for boating, can barely fit a rudder in it.

I have a super subaru outback awd from 1998, it is slowly dying, but has just got us to switzerland and back for our 'ski' trip. Brilliant for boating, which is just as well.

I am interested in Pat's tranny conversion.... :lol:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

...And at Bosham Classic last year!!

http://jonathanhoare.smugmug.com/Other/ ... &k=Tx3bMGD
Michael Brigg
roger

Post by roger »

Michael Brigg wrote:...And at Bosham Classic last year!!

http://jonathanhoare.smugmug.com/Other/ ... &k=Tx3bMGD
I thought 4x4s could go anywhere..... seems they can go anywhere but cant always get back.

When we stayed at Bosham for the first revival our host told a story of how he used the ariel on the top of a parked car as a Gybe mark for his windsurfer.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
scorpion_1925

Post by scorpion_1925 »

Rupert wrote:How many points added for a re-bore? And is the carbonfibre bling, like on an RS100 foredeck, or structural, like a Merlin mast?!
Points for a rebore run into 3 figures

The carbon fibre is currently decorative trim items that can be easily replaced although i do make it all myself however eventually there will be a scarbon fibre prop shaft to go on it
Scorpion 1925
International moth magnum 8

Ford Capri
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I have to admit to a 1931 Austin Seven box saloon complete with wicker hamper on the back (you need that to carry all the spares and tools needed!!) I also have two (always best to have two of everything) Howard Bantam rotovators for doing the allotment. They are 1950's vintage with a Villiers four stroke overhead valve engine. And of course they are bright orange!!!!!

For towing (and blowing up airbeds) I have a 2004 Rover 75 Tourer which carries all I need - sails rolled not folded and I have slept in it - a lot more comfortable and warmer than a tent. Needed a new battery yesterday (not bad as it was the original and I have a leaking exhaust - again the original. It will be sorted on Monday.