Plastic laser trolley

Post your requirements here
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi All,
bit of help required here please, I need to get hold of the fibreglass back end of a plastic laser trolley. The intention is to cut it up and use it as a hull support at the back end of a metal trolley so even a crap old one with a broken side will do. If you have one, or know of one laying around in the dinghy park somewhere please let me know. We are located near Heathrow airport if that is any help
thanks
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Pat

Post by Pat »

Why not just turn the laser over and make a fibreglass support by laying it up over the hull?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

The laser trolley comes with a textured plastic coating on top that helps the boat slide on and off, I could use some carpet or similar instead but that stays wet and over time can result in osmosis bubbles forming
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

An astroturf door mat cut up does the trick instead of carpet. If you do use Pat's suggestion, cover the hull first...and then put another couple of layers on for safety's sake! Lasers don't go fast with a large lump of glass stuck to the bottom for ever more!
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Try Rubber Car Mat.
Cheers Al
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi, thanks for all the advice but the best solution remains the plastic trolley support, all I have to do is find one!
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331