Seafire

Bosham Classic Boat Revival

Post by Seafire »

Who's coming ?

NOR is now published at http://www.boshamsailingclub.com/dinghi ... db_revival

Please check NOR as there have been a few tweaks to the entry criteria for 2013

Entry fee includes the two live music parties - great value

Any info, please contact event@classicboatrevival.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming CVRDA members to this great event.
chris

Re: Bosham Classic Boat Revival

Post by chris »

We'll be at the Lord Birkett.
Seafire

Post by Seafire »

:( Sorry to hear that you can't join us in Bosham. Maybe next year.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sadly, I'll be sat in a coaching boat teaching Feva or Laser sailing, so won't be at either Bosham or the Lord Birkett. :(
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

That's what happens to most of my weekends Rupert, but just for once I'm free and so is Nikky, so we may also go to the Birkett. There's no way I'd do it in a moth and I've had the sudden realisation that the only classic double handers I now have are a mutilated cherub (back end being replaced) and Agamemnon. Can I get Aggie ready in time is the question.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

I'm hoping to do the Saturday. Sunday I have a family engagement.

Friday night is also good value.

It is unfortunate this year it coincides with Henley and various Hockey tournaments :evil: .

There is a Firefly open at Itchenor on the preceding week end. Would anyone like to crew? (Or share the helm?) It will be a nostalgia trip for me and with old sails and mast and a very race rusty brain, with many of the fleet's pintles being there I am certain to be in the rear of the field. Its usually a good social though.
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

I may well be coming to you for a 'quotable quote' Michael!

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Latest from Bosham...
Hi folks,

We are very pleased to advise that our Classic Boat Revival event has won the July award under the 'GetOutAndSail' initiative run by Yachts and Yachting.com and supported by Harken, Gul, International Yacht Paints, Ovington, Wildwind, Noble Marine, Navigators & General, Selden, Crewsaver & Rooster Sailing.

Their generous support includes approx £1,000 worth of prizes for us to award at the event, so if you are still thinking about joining us this weekend, don’t leave it until the last minute & get your entry in here now.

This fantastic bonus support allows us to offer a wider range of prizes across the entry list. This year we are also hoping to be able to offer class prizes to fleets of sufficient size, currently the National 18’s, Merlin Rockets, Fireflies and Yachting World Dayboats are looking very healthy. Don't forget there will also be prizes for our Concours d'Elegance, which this year will be judged by yachting journalist and classic boat aficionado, David Henshall.

The Friday and Saturday suppers will be a buffet with all you can eat for £10/head, with live bands lined up for both Friday and Saturday evenings.....

Entry to this years event is still open and we look forward to welcoming a wide range of boats to come and enjoy some great Bosham racing and hospitality.

Cheers

Andrew Young
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

I know a number of you were up at the Birkett, which sounded amazing. However, I have to say that Bosham 'pulled out the stops' (as did Blithfield the weekend before).

Here's my report.........

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/1 ... at-Revival

Sadly there was no space to record just how well our own Michael Briggs sailed in the Firefly on Saturday, what a shame he couldn't make the Sunday as well for he certainly showed how to handle the tides in Chichester Harbour. (as the ebb built, Michael took off on a solo trip along the edge of the mudflats, then popped back out into the channel at the bottom mark, out in the lead!)

The event was superbly run, well supported by sponsors, had some great boats in attendance.... a great weekend

D
David H