Mast collection from Hunts SC

Chat about CVRDA events
Tim B

Mast collection from Hunts SC

Post by Tim B »

I'm wondering if there is a kind soul who would help me get a mast delivered from Suffolk down to Chichester area via the open meeting at Hunts SC ?!?

It's a carbon Merlin mast that would ideally need to be transported with a regular mast with a dinghy or on a big van roof rack

Usual fine beer/wine fee

Thanks
Tim B
roger

Re: Mast collection from Hunts SC

Post by roger »

Hi Tim there are a number of us heading back to the Bath area. I am happy to take your mast that far but there may be someone going further your way.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Is there anyone heading back this way that can help Tim. My bag is packed - indeed it has been packed since the week before Salcombe, but as yet I'm not getting as far as the gate yet (I've got the Merlin in the garden but can't get that far....) so it would have been a doddle for me to drop this off at Tim's - never mind, I'll be with you in spirit! - except it can only be spirit of the ethereal kind- Wadworths will go out of business soon I I can't restart 'normal service'!

D
David H
Tim B

Post by Tim B »

An alternative would be someone gong to the Weymouth..as there is a Merlin meeting there on the 30/31

So I can get a fellow Merlin sailor to collect..

Thanks for your consideration and efforts in advance
Tim B
roger

Post by roger »

Well I appear to be the custodian of a very strange carbon mast which has arrived safely in Frome. I will try to find a safe spot for it in the shed tomorrow.

Tim if you want to make arrangements for the next stage in its journey pm me and I will send you my contact details.

Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353