National Rally - who is coming?

Chat about CVRDA events
loisbarlow

Re: National Rally - who is coming?

Post by loisbarlow »

I echo all the above too. ***** 5 star event

Although unexpectedly not able to sail I thoroughly enjoyed viewing the proceedings on the water and marvelling at all the lovely old boats so caringly looked after. I am much better, thanks for all your concern, especial thanks to Sam for standing in as crew in my place.
So we arrived home after spending a night en-route (it's called the casual way to travel!). I find we have a few more boat bits and bobs in the garden after unloading, as Amy is delightfully anticipating picking up the TOY hull and continuing restoring her! Like father - like daughter - never can say no to a lovely old boat that needs some TLC!

Fantastic time - really appreciate all the effort made by the club and wish them success this week with their 'boat camp.'

Lois
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

Had a smile on my face when I woke up this morning. Thank you Hunts Team for creating a memorable event.
Greetings,
Ronny
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Having spent nearly two days in bed - and most of that time asleep I am feeling a deal better and am now on antibiotics to try to clear up the infection. I was really disappointed to miss out on the main event but really on the Sunday morning just knew I was not going to manage - and as Trish will tell you I can be an obstinate sod at times but could only succumb this time. Bring on 2014

Garry
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Really sorry that you missed out, Garry. Next time indeed!
Rupert
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I can only echo the favourable comments that have already been made in adding my congratulations to the Hunts Sailing club "team" whose combined efforts made this years National Rally a truly memorable event. Special mention should be made of Nessa and Nicky's brilliant organisation, Andy and Becks excellent race management and of course all the hard working ladies behind the galley. Jonathan seemed to be pretty busy too (when he wasn't breaking or fixing boats) helping launch and recover safety boats with Nicky as well as assistant BBQ chef with his mum. All in all a fantastic Rally thanks to all those who made a contribution.
The on the water action was hectic at times with the singlehanders having to run the gauntlet across the Merlins on the way down to green, but was also great fun and sailed in a tremendous spirit of friendly competition. Most of the shouting that I heard seemed directed more at the weather gods or the sailors own boats (well some of the Moths at least) rather than the opposition. Best decision of the weekend was clearly to postpone the BBQ from Saturday till Sunday and the gamble paying off with a marked improvement in the weather on the day.
Commiserations to Garry and Lois having to miss the sailing due to illness and I hope they are both well again soon.
Finally, Thanks to all those who attended for bringing a spectacular and extremely varied array of wonderful boats for me to admire even though I wasn't allowed to take any more home!
Hope to see you all at Clywedog next year.

Regards

Ian M
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

All the positive comments make it even more galling that I could'nt make it for the w/e [blown head-gasket on the car, and unable to find a replacement with a towing hitch in time].

the only positive outcome of being at home over the b/h is that I appear to have a crew for the Merlin now. We tested the arrangement out yesterday and we seem to work well together. who says old girlfriends don't make good crew?

Oh well, I'll just have to look forwards to next year , so where will it be?
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
chris

Post by chris »

Closer to you...At Clywedog!!!
Obscured by clouds

chris wrote:Closer to you...At Clywedog!!!

GREAT!!
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
[down to 3!]
Pat

Post by Pat »

Excellent weekend - we arrived in a cloudburst and left in a heatwave! Great organisation, friendly folk and catering to die for - the smell of cooking sponge cake percolating through the clubhouse before Monday's pursuit made me so hungry!
Thanks to everyone at Hunts for being so friendly and making it relaxed and fun even if the wind wasn't always helpful.

I hope Roger got home eventually as we last saw him heading up the A1 for Peterborough having missed the A14 turn with Angie frantically thumbing through the atlas!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
roger

Post by roger »

Pat I wondered if you`d spotted the deliberate mistake. Yes we got home ok thanks just a small detour to admire the countryside and then back on our way again. :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/1 ... s-at-Hunts

Minisail write-up on Y&Y. Will be writing something for the main event today.
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Report now up.

http://www.cvrda.org/wp-cvrda/hunts-nat ... ally-2013/

on Y&Y too soon, if not yet.

I'm sure Pat will load full results when she gets a chance.
Rupert
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Well done Rupert, nicely written.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
roger

Post by roger »

Good write up Rupert
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Obscured by clouds

made me wish I had made it there all the more...... good write up.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
[down to 3!]