Wanted Magnum 8 or later

Post your requirements here
alan watson

Re: Wanted Magnum 8 or later

Post by alan watson »

Hi Phil

I have a Magnum 5 that is part restored and a Magnum 9.9 which is a very late Magnum narrow boat so if this event happens and I really hope it will I'll bring one or tother along for people to try out ( weather permitting)

But do you have a venue preference ? Or would you be prepared to travel to any mentioned so far ?

Cheers
ALAN
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Classic Moth association in America might be worth a look to see how they do things. While your aims would be different (they went back to the old rules, whereas you are looking at all the lowriders), you might get some ideas. Also worth looking at what the Classic Finns have done, too. They are probably the nearest in terms of aims.

Building new "old" Moths is something that would be fun (and why the CMBA came to mind). They wouldn't be cvrda eligible, but for Lowrider events would be great fun.
Rupert
phil58490

Post by phil58490 »

Sadly for me, health reasons prevent me attempting to sail the classic Finn that is in my garden, a Solo is my upper safe limit for sailing and dragging out of the water. I think a lightweight Moth, of an old wide design or even a scow, could be fun to build and sail.

I would happily travel to any event but there is too much going on in my life to commit to attending anything until nearer the date.
Just across the Tamar in South East Cornwall

Solo 4928
Solo 3406
Hit 5 Sold
simonmw

Post by simonmw »

Could I cast my vote for Hunts? I'd obviously try and make it to any lowrider event, but realistically I'm far more likely to succeed around work shifts etc if I didn't have to put aside a day travelling either side!

Simon.
Current custodian of-
Micro 18
Tiger Moth
'Gentleman Jim' Moth GBR3936
'Dragon' Moth GBR3848
Merlin Rocket 3521
Buell XB12R Firebolt
Landrover 110 Defender
And a big shed to keep them in...
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Hi Simon

Thanks for your vote and interest that makes it

Hunt SC. 3

Roadford. 3

Bilithfield. 2

More than one event. 2

I know there is concern that the chosen venue be as central as possible.

Cheers

Alan
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Hunts hopes to be hosting a cvrda event on the first bank holiday weekend in May. It will be for all cvrda eligible classes, but I could also invite low rider moths and if enough enter have a separate start for them. We also tie in with the de May Merlins.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

Nessa wrote:Hunts hopes to be hosting a cvrda event on the first bank holiday weekend in May. It will be for all cvrda eligible classes, but I could also invite low rider moths and if enough enter have a separate start for them. We also tie in with the de May Merlins.
I for one will never mix my Moth with deMay Merlins again. But I doubt the boat will be back on the water for then anyway...
scorpion_1925

Post by scorpion_1925 »

Hi

I must have missed this one somehow, I love the idea of a lowrider event. And I'd love to bring my moth.

As for venue if possible north of London, its a long way from the frozen North
Scorpion 1925
International moth magnum 8

Ford Capri
davidh

Post by davidh »

If I could offer a suggestion here..... let's try to play to the strengths that pre-exist at these club (as they all offer a warm and friendly welcome) and are 'classic' minded.

Hunts already have the makings of a critical mass of low rider Moths, so going there looks to make a great deal of sense. Meanwhile, Blithfield is one of the 'hottest' locations for Merlins new and old; make the trip to Staffordshire and you can be rubbing gunwales (better had not!) with Seventh Heaven and Black Adder! Equally, Roadford is now established on the pie eating circuit that doubles as classic Finn sailing.......

Whilst I've been laid up this summer I've been trying to engage with the sailing media on the subject but it is an uphill task. Getting articles on the 'run of the mill' events onto the page is now difficult and one would have to say getting harder, as the publishers look for more 'sailing as an aspirational pastime' flavoured pieces to slot in between the adverts.

So, an event which had a sub-plot on low riders, or cotton sailed boats......even a "bring 'em along Beach Boat bacchanalia" for the Men of War, Pisces, Aquabat, Minisail and others of the genre would stand a far better chance of getting a decent mention.

What is good is the spread of events, both in terms of activity, where a trip down the Tamar could be followed by an out and out racing affair for the low riders (or the exciting prospect of the new Brizzle race.... a bit like the TV series, 'Twin Peaks, Walk fire with me' except that this will be 'Twin Bridges, walk mud with me¬!!!!!!!'), Bosham, Hunts and so much more.

Classics rule..okay?

D
David H
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Well hello all not been on here for months been busy with every thing else and not been sailing either lyndon did try to talk me into Bristol but just couldn't make it I enjoyed blithfield till I self destructed not been to Roadford or hunts but not fussed where the meet would be aa long as the dates are ok and I can get my butt back in prime 8 in the spring
Cheers stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825