****John Oakley - Winning**************

General chat about boats
davidh

****John Oakley - Winning**************

Post by davidh »

I'm hoping that someone on here will go "oh yes, was me!" and we can sort this out.

A couple of summers back, just before I was taken ill, I did a deal with someone on here for a copy of John Oakley's book 'Winning'. I sent them a cheque (which I got a note to say that they'd received) and then I rather vanished off the scene for a number of months.

I was trying to look something up today and saw a reference in another book to 'Winning' and at that point the light bulb came on - I'd never replied to the vendor with my address. I must stress that the problems were all at my end - at the time worrying about books were the last thing on my mind!

So, is there someone out there holding on to a copy of Winning (my copy even) and if so, can we complete the deal please!

Happy New Year

D
David H
rme_01

Re: ****John Oakley - Winning**************

Post by rme_01 »

It wasn't me but that said I have a copy of Winning that I would be happy to let you (or any other active CVRDA member) have if you give me your address and pop a few bob into the MacMillan nurses collection box when you next pass one. Old age and a back injury have forced me to face up to the fact that dinghy sailing is now beyond me and move on rather than mope over the past (gosh this all sounds a bit morbid). Anyhow to that end I have decided as my New Year resolution to pass on some bits and pieces to others who can make better use of them (watch this space re a couple of 14's).

As regards this book (published 1970) it was, as historians always say, ”not my period” – far too modern in its approach!! Let me know if you are interested.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rme_01

Thank you very much for the consideration and I am sure that there will be others on here who may well wish to avail themselves of the option.

As it is, my own book is about to wing it's way to me having been carefully guarded whilst I sorted myself out!

The Christmas spirit lives well in the CVRDA!!

D
David H
rme_01

Post by rme_01 »

Glad you found your "original". The offer remains open if anyone else is interested.

Robert
phil58490

Post by phil58490 »

Hi Robert,

I have pm'd you my details as I would like to have a read and will pass it on if anyone else would like to do the same.

Regards, Phil

Edited to add; When I have had my read I will be passing it on to STUW on here for him to read, you will have to contact him to be next in the queue.
Just across the Tamar in South East Cornwall

Solo 4928
Solo 3406
Hit 5 Sold