MOTH ZONES at HUNTS ; ROADFORD AND BANBURY

Chat about CVRDA events
alan watson

MOTH ZONES at HUNTS ; ROADFORD AND BANBURY

Post by alan watson »

Hi Everybody and particularly all Moth sailors.

Attached hopefully is some publicity blurb inviting all lowriding moths of whatever vintage to see if we can give a special Moth type focus to three CVRDA events AT HUNTS; ROADFORD AND BANBURY.

Its provisionally labelled a Moth Zone but the idea is to come together at and as part of a CVRDA event. Three events may be too much so we will have to suck it and see. It might be better to just stick with one event at one Rally. But after an informal survey these were most mentioned and provide a good geographic spread.

It would be nice if some assistance in kind could be offered to long distance attenders as the cost of travelling and accommodation at these events is more significant than of yore. I have promised prizes galore but this is a bit optimistic but It would be nice to at least informally arrive a best looking, best sailed fastest most attractive on the water and so on.

Handicapping can only be improved if we do more of these events. With careful timing comparative speeds should emerge. Handicapping the flying boys is a nightmare at low wind speeds they can be slower than a Topper at Hayling Island they sail off sub 500 so hopefully we can take it with a pinch of salt. Or not of course !!!

Hopefully if this works well this year we can develop it next year

Best regards
ALAN

PS I seem to have been unofficially appointed as the unofficial Moth event Co-ordinator. Any comments suggestions improvements any commissions or omissions are welcome to be made and or notified ! Does that make sense ?

PPS I don't seem to be able to attach the file with the blurb on it
So here are the words without the images.

CALLING ALL MOTH SAILORS
to Join in
THE MOTH ZONE AT

HUNTS RALLY May 3rd 4th 5th

ROADFORD RALLY June 7th 8th

BANBURY RALLY September 27th 28th

One is fun but More is so much more so

So for much much more fun join in these CVRDA rallies

And sail together, chat, admire these beautiful dinghies, and race them like they are meant to be raced - together. There will be prizes galore (well at least honour and recognition) hopefully some assistance for long distance hard up Mothies but above all a splendid sail in the company of other splendid and wonderful lowriders.

For more details please see the individual club sites.

Cheers
ALAN
alan watson

Re: MOTH ZONES at HUNTS ; ROADFORD AND BANBURY

Post by alan watson »

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry but in a moment of muppetry I got the dates for the HUNTS Rally wrong.

They should read MAY 3RD AND 4TH AND NOT 5th - as with all the other CVRDA events it is a two dayer.

There is a possibility of a third day but this is already very busy and so places - if there are any - are limited and because of this need to be arranged in advance through Nessa.

I am sorry if I have caused confusion.

Best Wishes
ALAN
Pat

Post by Pat »

All those venues (and Clywedog) have camping on site and cvrda opens are sensibly priced so costs are kept down. Get the tent or van out and join us.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Really glad this concept is getting a head of steam up - If Kathryn isn'taway with work I hope to have the Firefly at Hunts, and look forward to sailing with all those pesky Moths!
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I will be amazed if my knee allows me to sail a moth in May, so my moths may well be available for use. The Peril is not a racing boat, but the other two are, and people wanting to use them will force me to get them ready!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Looking forward to welcoming you all to Roadford.
Al
scorpion_1925

Post by scorpion_1925 »

I'm really hoping to make it for the hunts event this sounds great fun
Scorpion 1925
International moth magnum 8

Ford Capri
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Please note that Hunts is a TWO day event. It may be that we decide to limit moth entry according to design year/py. Camping will be readily available on Friday and Saturday night, but those wishing to camp on Sunday must contact me first.

Sorry to sound like a killjoy, but a two day event in itself involves a lot of work....
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
simonmw

Post by simonmw »

The only one of these I can make is the Banbury one in September. I'll try and decide between now and then which boat to bring...

Simon.
Current custodian of-
Micro 18
Tiger Moth
'Gentleman Jim' Moth GBR3936
'Dragon' Moth GBR3848
Merlin Rocket 3521
Buell XB12R Firebolt
Landrover 110 Defender
And a big shed to keep them in...
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Hi Everybody

Looking forward to seeing you all and in the meantime here is a link to some blurb to wet your interest or even print and display

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7rkol4zkova8 ... ation1.pub

Best Wishes
ALAN
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Hi Everybody,

I realise that the link I have posted publicising the moth zone at Hunts has an important error which is now corrected.

THE CORRECT DATES FOR THE HUNT RALLY ARE MAY 3RD AND 4TH.

I do apologise for my error and oversight.
Best Wishes
ALAN