Classic Fairey International 14

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
rme_01

Classic Fairey International 14

Post by rme_01 »

With some regret I am looking to dispose of my 1957 Fairey International 14 K680. When I bought her my aim was to restore her with a view to participating in the Classic 14 events however unfortunately a back injury a year or so ago put paid to future dinghy sailing and the time has come to pass her on. A pending house move has introduced some urgency into this.

I have restored the hull and foils to a very high standard over the past 3 years, the former being almost bullet proof having been stripped, WEST impregnated and professionally finished in Awlgrip. By contrast the rig comprising a Needlespar mast and old Lucas sails needs updating.

I have no illusions as to price but I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the restoration work which I regard as reward enough. At this juncture it is more important to me to see her completed in the right hands and sailing again than getting what would probably be a derisory price on e-bay. To that end I am open to any offers from CVRDA members who are seriously interested in taking her forward - as noted above a house move means she must go.

I attach a couple of photos and more (and full sized) are available on:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10153813 ... 7517911217

I also have a virtually unused Mersea combo trailer (250 trolley and A frame road base) but as this clearly has a wider appeal I am looking to sell it at a suggested price of £450.

If anyone is interested in either or both please PM me. Both are based at my house in the Welsh borders near Builth Wells (about 30 minutes south of Clywedog for those who know that area).

Robert
Attachments
maelstrom 3.jpg
maelstrom 2.jpg