Blithfield 24th & 25th May

Chat about CVRDA events
Lukey T

Blithfield 24th & 25th May

Post by Lukey T »

Hi All,

The Blithfield event is now only two weeks away so the details are as follows....

Camping on site, campervans, caravans are free, as is the club house.

Saturday
Registration from: 10:00
Briefing: 11:30
Race 1: 12:00
Race 2: 14:00
Race 3: 16:00

There will be lunch and an evening meal available.

Sunday
Race 1: 10:00
Race 2: 12:00

Breakfast and Lunch available.

There is club racing that all entered boats are welcome to join in with at 14:00 and 16:00. The reservoir is open for sailing on the Monday also as its a Bank Holiday.
Attachments
Blithfield CVRDA.jpg
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Re: Blithfield 24th & 25th May

Post by Lukey T »

We are also opening up the event to single floor wooden phantoms, as we have a few at the club.

With regards to food if we could have an idea of numbers that would be great?

Also how many would be staying Sunday night for food? if there's enough interest we can sort a meal out.

If anyone wants to arrive on Friday can they let me know please? and ill arrange for myself or someone else to be at he club.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Should be arriving Friday teatime 5pm with my I14. Will just drop it and leave it for the night. Will not be requiring evening meals

Chris Barker
I14 No 378
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Sorry that the Greensforge moth fleet can't make this event, we will be at Saundersfoot Coppet Week.
Hoping to shame lots of modern plastic again with a classic (nearly CVRDA) wooden Fireball.
Can you try a different date for next year :wink:

Lyndon
chris

Post by chris »

Again we have to say that we won't be there this year. Other things have cropped up on both days unfortunately.
Very sorry but I'm sure it will be every bit as good as last year.
Chris and Lois
Pat

Post by Pat »

Luke, I sent you an email a week ago but you don't seem to have got it. Now PM'd you.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Hi All,

Sorry I've not been around, had a few IT issues. Alls looking good for the weekend including the weather so lets hope we get a good turn out of boats.

For those wanting to arrive early I will be at the club from approximately 17:30 and I'll have the bar available.

If you need to contact me my email is luketucker1989 at hotmail. co. uk and number 0.7903.801.335
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Just to let you all know running a bit late, if any one is there or will be in the next hour please ring me
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi all, I will be bringing the Jollyboat on Saturday with Dean but he can't make it on Sunday so I will be looking for 1 or 2 crew for Sunday if anyone is interested....
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sorry but it looks like I will not be able to come this year. Hope you all have a good time.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Thanks again to Luke and the team at Blithfield for hosting another excellent CVRDA/ Vintage Merlin event.
The gallant few who made the trip in spite of the dubious forecast enjoyed two great days of racing together with the superb hospitality shown by the club. The Saturday evening meal of Pork Goulash was enjoyed by all, some of us even going up for seconds it was so tasty. Alan the race officer set some interesting and varied courses which included every point of sail giving each type of boat at least one leg that favoured them and allowed Tim and Pat to fly their Spinnaker for a change. A few questions stil remain, however:-
1.Where was everyone else? Bourne End week and Coppet week maybe...
2.Will the Jollyboat ever finish a race.
3.Just what is the max weight an NSM 2 will carry?
4.Will Lyndon's Dad be building a Shelley sometime in the future?
Hopefully we will see a few more of you at Roadford in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers

Ian
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Haha Ian, very funny! Lol, if you had been at Hunts you wouldn't have been in the running, we trounced almost everyone, only losing on the superb handicap the Jb carries. At one point we were so far ahead we thought that we had gone the wrong way!

Anyway , we still have a few more battles to fight....

Yes, great event Luke, we look forward to the next one, a great club, great company and great food, in fact a wonderful weekend marred only by the weather (although after we retired from the first race we got the jolly sitting up doing about 15 knots or more on a broad reach down the reservoir, I think Dean was rather surprised to say the least :D ).

My especial thanks to the galley staff who provided great food served with a smile and a laugh...

Thanks to all at Blithfield,

Chris
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes, a good event with winds suitable for all. The only thing lacking was other cvrda and De May boats so I really hope it won't put the club off hosting another event. They did us proud and did it properly with full complement of rescue boats, galley staff and race officials who all worked efficiently to make it an enjoyable weekend and we thank them immensely.
Chris Barker again sailed his beautiful 1937 Intenational 14 single handed and although sailing conservatively finished every race.
Another first, though Roger won't believe it, was Sandy (known for always starting late) being so early for the races we were over the line twice at the start! And we led another race from start to finish!
After our racing finished Sandy went out in the club race with Alan our RO and a former Albacore sailor at the helm in our old tub and they both came back with big grins having made a good showing on a long course.

Next time please could more sailors make a point of attending. With sailing every bit as good as Roadford, a big open water and a fine clubhouse and efficient hosts it is an event not to be missed.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

Although I only wandered in for Saturday racing, my weekend started fabulously. Indeed the event ran like clockwork and the club was very friendly and helpful.
Chrisrjwood wrote:...doing about 15 knots or more on a broad reach down the reservoir, I think Dean was rather surprised to say the least :D ...
Chris
Chris, I think you'll find I'm used to fast boats, but just smaller and not made of wood. ;-)

Thanks again to all. Sorry I had to dash off, but I could hardly miss the second day of the first major Minisail event of the year down in Southampton.
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind word about the club and the event. Such a shame that we could not have had a few more boats turning up as I think this has dampened the enthusiasm at the club for holding another event. Although its early days yet and I will be as persuasive as I can at the next meeting.

I definitely will be picking a different weekend next year if it happens.
Spiderman wrote:
3.Just what is the max weight an NSM 2 will carry?
Ian I can safely say she didn't embarrass herself with 37 stone on board and despite a shocking start being over the line, we even caught up most of the distance everyone had pulled out on us. Though acceleration was a bit of an issue.
Pat wrote:After our racing finished Sandy went out in the club race with Alan our RO and a former Albacore sailor at the helm in our old tub and they both came back with big grins having made a good showing on a long course.

I don't think words can sum up how happy Alan was with getting a go, he was that happy he forgot to sail half the course but I know he really appreciated the opportunity and asked me to convey his thanks.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven