Int 14 on the bay.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Metallurgix

Int 14 on the bay.

Post by Metallurgix »

This looks good for anyone wanting a classic.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Inter ... 3f38c57673
John Mason.

International 14 K1095 "Bird of Dawning"
International 14 K924 "Hipollyte" (on the back burner)
GP14 12290 (on the back burner)
Mikey

Re: Int 14 on the bay.

Post by Mikey »

Interesting. Seller states hull is 988 but the Int.14 book states - not built!

Mike Liggett
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

What a lot of boat for the money!

A very nice 14. Would be lovely if we saw more 14s on the CVRDA circuit

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Coming soon.... :D
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
phil58490

Post by phil58490 »

Hi Nessa, I'm guessing you or someone you know bought it.
Just across the Tamar in South East Cornwall

Solo 4928
Solo 3406
Hit 5 Sold
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

No, I mean that work on Agamemnon is progressing nicely and there should soon be another nice 14 on the cvrda circuit!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
davidh

Post by davidh »

Wow,

in addition to the Moffs, the 14s could really be a happening 'thing'. Mike with Thumper, you Nessa with Aggie, Chris and Blue Peter and all the others that are out there already (and all the others who COULD be out there).

But it goes back to that huge question, where to try and focus all the attention? Could they all be brought together in one place, for if they could, that would be a great opportunity for an article. But better still, add in Roger and his Fire(meat)ball, some Mirror 14s, the Jollyboats (I'd even write nice things about them) Peggies and the rest and you'd have an event worth featuring!

But as the saying goes, "location, location, location"! Needs to have a decent stretch of water and be reasonably central (though Roadford could be a nice spot for a western event too).

Any thoughts?

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Don't the 14's already have a vintage /classic circuit, or has that faded?

I used to crew 14s on the Thames when I was a teenager, so to me, somewhere like Tammy or Bourne End is the natural venue for them. Getting part of Andre Thornhill's collection out would make for a good meeting.
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

I don't know how much activity within the 14s can be described as 'current'. Yet there are a lot of very nice looking boats (Bosham tends to attract a couple) out there and Chris B (the other one) has brought his beautiful Fox 14 to Blithfield. However, these are individual efforts rather than something organised by the 14s themselves.

As for location, whilst Bourne End and the like may well have a strong historical link with the boat (as of course does Itchenor) I have a sneaky feeling that you're unlikely to get many of the names mentioned earlier to travel there - and in that category I would have to include myself. I would far rather go a bit further to somewhere where (a) the sailing is better and (b) the atmosphere is more conducive to an enjoyable weekend in the classic ethos than somewhere that is, like Jordan, famous for being famous!

Talking with Luke (he of Seventh Heaven fame at Blithfield) this week at Salcombe, he was saddened at the lack of interest in the classic event this year and was worried that this might well count against there being other classic events in the future. If this is the case, then it will be a real loss to the classic cause, for Blithfield is one of the nicest stretches of water that are available to us. Roadford is far down in the South West, British Steel/Tata only marginally less so, Hunts a tad on the small size, ditto Whitefriars and Shearwater. Blithfield is a prime spot - as good as the likes of Rutland Water. I can think of some others - Burton being a good example, but we don't have that all important presence there.

If the International Moths are to 'hatch' (excuse the pun) then the likes of the Magnums all relish a bit more space to get cranked up.

Here and now, I'd make a commitment to fully support a 'bigger boats' event; promotion, a prize or two even, full coverage......but it has to be in an location that will make it worthwhile for the owners of these boats to invest in the time and travel.

Blithfield is one location, any others worth asking or thinking of putting their hands up?

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm sure you are right about the Thames clubs - too much history floating around in the water - and Blithfield does seem to generate interest on here, if not visitors. One day I'll get there!

When it comes to locations, though, the main thing has to be that there will be local boats out. Very few people are traveling at the moment, so you need to assume that 75% of the turnout has to be either from your club or the ones very close. This is one reason Why I'm not doing cvrda at Whitefriars - just not enough interest within the club. And one reason why Shearwater, despite being a peanut shaped and sized lake at the bottom on a steep valley, gets a good turnout for its classic events.
Rupert
JimC

Post by JimC »

Rupert wrote:When it comes to locations, though, the main thing has to be that there will be local boats out. Very few people are travelling at the moment, so you need to assume that 75% of the turnout has to be either from your club or the ones very close.
Yep. It would be no problem for me to organise hosting an event at my club, island Barn near Hampton Court, which is 122 acres of oval raised reservoir, but we don't really have a classic scene of our own.

Come to think of it, for anyone who isn't going to Shearwater, we've got an Open day/event coming up July 19th, details here http://www.islandbarn.org.uk/index.php/ ... -and-party to which visitors and locals are encouraged to form teams of 3 boats - scored as teams and individually, but racing will be two pursuit races, its not a team racing event. I'm sure I'd be able to organise suitable handicaps for vintage development class boats, maybe others given notice in advance. The nearest club is Thames, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a team of their vintage Merlins, but other classics would be welcome as well.