Baltic Warf event

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Baltic Warf event

Post by chris »

Time to flag up the Baltic Warf event.
November 15th Bristol Docks.

This is a very historic place to sail and a very enjoyable event. It is also steeped in CVRDA history! The first race at 11.00 (I'm guessing) is usually a race to the top of the harbour and back, which passes the SS. Great Britain. The replica of John Cabot's ship The Matthew is usually taking trippers up and down. The other race or races are round the cans. The Cottage pub couldn't be more convenient for lunch or a pint and parking and launching is straight forward.
The club is always pleased to see us and they join in too so please make the effort to come if you possibly can. All are really welcome and don't be put off if you haven't done much racing...you will fit in!
We always need people to attend these events and show support otherwise clubs will not be keen to run them in the future.
Hope to see you there.
Chris
Rupert

Re: Baltic Warf event

Post by Rupert »

Sadly it once again clashes with the Lightning end of season event, so we won't be there.
Rupert
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Not many posts about this event lately so I'm left wondering how many people are thinking of going to Baltic Wharf next weekend. The forecast looks reasonable at the moment so it shouldn't be as cold as last year and there is a prospect of decent amount of breeze to keep us moving in the dock. I am planning to take the Magnum 6 in response to Alans request to get the Magnums together again and hopefully Lyndon is bringing his 7 so the 3 Mothkiteers will resume the battle last fought at Roadford.
Anyone else coming?

Regards

Ian M
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Yes I'm up for it .... and I am bringing a few new recruits from Greensforge to play as well. I returned from the club today with a trailer full of Magnums, so watch out Alan we mean business!

Sam's magnum 6, Ben's OK and Andy's ancient Phantom are joining me at Baltic Wharf. Some support Mothkiteers are coming too, but with a list of excuses as to why their boats are still in the shed :roll:
Wind ? oh yes, that would be a good idea :)
Pat

Post by Pat »

A couple of Shearwater boats will be there as usual.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

Yes we'll be there with Blue Peter
Lois and Chris
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Okay you guys I am up for the challenge with a host of go faster gadgets and weight saving improvements,

I throw down the gauntlet in the assurance that all the other mothies will see of Magnum the Magnificent is a stern view.

And I will view you sternly if I don't see you there.

Cheers

ALAN
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

If anyone is going from the East I gave a moth mast to throw into the pot.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

If anyone is going from the East I gave a moth mast to throw into the pot.
Please don't encourage Alan to throw any more Moth masts down the motorway :)
keithr

Post by keithr »

Sorry it is our annual dinner

Have a good day

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am coaching, which is a shame because it could have tied in perfectly withSprog collection. Should be doing much less next year, so hopefully more opens.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Please don't encourage Alan to throw any more Moth masts down the motorway :)

I say chaps I only chuck a mast away every decade or so.

Cant see whats wrong with that.

ALAN
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

Many thanks to all at Baltic Wharf for a nice day at an interesting location - historic sights and boats to see plus an entertaining ferry full of very drunk people watching the second start and singing at us! Will the results be posted here - rather lost track of who was on what lap in the last race?
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
chris

Post by chris »

Forced to spend the day in the pub since we had gear failure as soon as we launched!
But thanks to all and good to see a good turnout for the last event of the year.
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

My thanks to all at the CVRDA and especially all those that came to Bristol.

I was ridiculously and wildly excited to see four moths in a Magnum fest turn up (2 sixes a seven and an eight). Its the "anything goes" design ethos that I find so very exciting and the subtly of hull design that results. For example I had a go in Lyndon ( whom I will embarrass by saying sailed brilliantly to win)'s Magnum 7 of completely different character to my Magnum 8 but separated by perhaps only a year in their design history.

I am very sorry about the lack of wind but hope that everybody enjoyed the event as much as I did.

Already looking forward to next year.

Very Best regards

ALAN