Baltic Warf event

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: Baltic Warf event

Post by Rupert »

We pretty much had a vacuum at West Oxford with the Lightnings...
Rupert
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Many thanks to all those at Baltic Wharf for making all the visitors so welcome and a special thankyou to the Race Team for managing to complete two races, including the "head of the Dock" marathon, in what can only be described as tricky conditions? It was a shame that the wind did not materialise as forecast although seeing the ghostly outline of the SS Great Britain through the mist was an eerie sight. The added entertainment of a ferry full of drunken "stag party" revellers singing "You've lost that loving feeling" was also rather marvellous in it's own way.
It was great to see such a variety of boats in the fleet which as Alan has already mentioned included four Moths. A sterling effort by the Greensforge Gang turning up in force and with the prospect of even more Moths from there joining us next season, things are looking good already.
Finally a huge thankyou to Alan, Lyndon and Julie for staying behind in the dark and cold of the carpark to fix my trailerboard lights, enabling me to make it home safely without a ticket for no rear illumination. I think I must owe you all several beers at the next event. Cheers!

Regards

Ian M
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alan, Ian and other Baltic Wharfers,

Sorry to have missed you all.... I sooooo nearly made it! (even though I'm not quite there for sailing just yet but am on the way). I had everything all set up ready for me to be there, only for a last minute post contractual hiccup with 'the book' demanding that I spend the weekend glued to the keyboard.

I'm really excited about what is happening with all the lowriders and working on the basis that Alan is going to light a candle somewhere nice next summer (Poole maybe) that will attract them all, I think I can assure you of more media coverage.

Ian M.... sorry I couldn't hook up with you, I had some ideas for you to think about for next season - I know it is still over 3 months away but will you and any of the other Merlin sailors be making it to the Dinghy Show. Pat J and Sandy will be there (now they want me to sign their copy...fools, the blank ones will be worth far more) but if you are going to be there, it would be good if you, Luke and some of the others could sit down over a beer and get some viable plans in place for 2015.

I know that "that's all folks" for 2014, but classics are clearly on a roll; let's look forward now to 2015!

See you then

D
David H
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

The Greensforge gang had a superb day thanks to the warm welcome from Baltic Wharf Sailing Club and the Cottage Inn. We were all pleased to have made it round the "Heads of the Harbour" course in such fascinating surroundings. Shame about the wind, though it did pick up through the second race which was quite a test of boat handling on a tight figure of 8 course. Well done to Ben (OK),Andy (Phantom), and Sam (Moth) on their first away event for those boats They have all enjoyed the CVRDA experience and can't wait for the next event.
A Moth gathering usually involves a bit of boat mending, but electrical repairs by torchlight was an unexpected treat. Honours go to "Sparky" Watson who, despite the dead battery in his multi-meter, found the fault in the cable with his bare hands. Is there no end to the Man's talent?

Cheers

Lyndon
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

Hi All

Does anyone have the results for the Baltic Wharf event and could they post them or sen them to me alanwatson@inbox.com

Cheers
ALAN
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sorry Alan, I don't have the results so you'll have to ask at the club. If you do get them, I'd like to add them to the main website.
Would you be able to do a short write up of the event?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)