Hunts 2015

Chat about CVRDA events
Nessa

Hunts 2015

Post by Nessa »

I am pleased to be able to tell you that the Hunts Rally is confirmed for the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd May. As before, we are combining with the de May Merlins on the Saturday and the SigneTs on the Sunday, but all eligible boats are welcome to stay all weekend for the full CVRDA event.

Free On site camping will be available all weekend, including the Sunday night since the Monday is a Bank Holiday. There are also numerous B&Bs, hotels, travelodges etc very close. We are wishing walking distance of the lovely market town of St Ives for the non sailors, as well as the guided busway straight into Cambridge for sight seeing.

Food will be available from the galley all weekend including Saturday supper in the clubhouse hopefully accompanied by a talk by David Henshall.

The club is easy to get to from the A1 and A14, postcode PE27 4YA. Further details on the race format will be provided nearer the time, but it would help prepare if we know as early as possible how many to expect, camping needs and also if you need a crew!

This is one of the most popular events in the club calendar, bringing a good turnout from home boats as well as visitors. Make sure you put it in your diary now!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan williams

Re: Hunts 2015

Post by alan williams »

Hi Nessa
We have already booked into Oliver's Lodge as it seems to be the closest to the Sailing Club.
Regards Al
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Excellént, I don't know it, but will check it out!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

My proposed format will be six races overall for the CVRDA event, which will split into three races each day (so three races for the de May Merlins and three for the Signets). The first race will be 11am on Saturday, then two more races after lunch. On Sunday the first race will be 11.30, with two more races after lunch. A formal NoR will be issued at some point.

On Saturday night we intend to provide supper in the clubhouse for a nominal charge, to be followed by an illustrated talk by David Henshall on 'The Seven Days that Changed Sailing'. Hopefully he will post more information, but it's looking to be really good! The bar will be open with something decent and local on draft and ordered in especially for you!

Please do let me know when you are coming, who you are bringing and what you hope to be sailing. Also let me know food requirements!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Nessa, definitely coming with Maelstrom, don't have a positive crew yet so I'm hoping someone will volunteer..... :D

Regards, Chris
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

well, it's in my diary. will bring the Finn. Camping out if possible, and arriving Friday afternoon.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
chris

Post by chris »

Lois and Chris and Blue Peter (I14) hope to arrive Friday PM, with camper van for camping. and yes please to meals and beer!
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Looking forward to coming with camper and Finn. Will we have more Finns or I14s though?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

We intend to be there. I could disguise the Albacore as a Finn or 14 if it helps
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

Sorry folks, the Minisailers will be at the 'Keyhaven Kruise' that weekend.
Sorry Chris. No crewing for me that weekend.
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Nessa and Nicky,

Wendy and I are planning to come and will be in the motorhome hoping to get a space as we did before. I will be bringing a Moth (probably the Magnum 6) as it looks like there may be a few others there as well. We will probably only stay on the Saturday night and travel home after sailing on Sunday. We have no special food requirements, but if there is a meal planned for Saturday evening then please put us down for 2. As long as we don't have a repeat of today's weather it should be a great event.
See you there.

Ian
bluemark

Post by bluemark »

Will have maruader 829 coming along to this event .
will there there be any more coming along.
M
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

One of our members has just bought a marauder from somewhere near Bristol. I think he is hoping to join us.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Not far off now! Numbers are looking very good so far, but if there is anyone who intends to come and hasn't said so please let me know, especially if you want to camp. I can be at the club on Friday evening to let people in, so do message me with an arrival time if you want to come then.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

We are certainly coming with the Alby and a campervan and possibly David H's solo mast but wont get there until Saturday morning
Sam