A merlin project

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
chris

A merlin project

Post by chris »

This is very much a project but could well be worth the effort. In view of the condition I gather the 'seller' is not looking for money but is keen it should be saved.
It is a merlin Rocket no. 265 which is a Rocket design and built by Wyche and Coppock c. 1951. Very much like Garry's lovely 'Gannet'. It is all there including a wooden mast and boom ( not sure about sails). Some of the ribs and the deck are in poor condition, there's possibly some rot under the mast step. ML has been to see it and sent some photos so if anyone is interested I have some more photos I can pass on and maybe able to answer a few questions or put you in touch with the owner. I gather it is in the Cambridge area somewhere.
Chris
Attachments
007a.jpg
chris

Re: A merlin project

Post by chris »

more shots.
Attachments
006a.jpg
(47.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
002a.jpg
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

There are some sails - main & jib - Terylene (blue) but in poor condition. She resides on trailer but would not be too happy about moving her any distance on it. Also bits of launch trolley. Location Great Chesterford.

Mike.
Rigman

Post by Rigman »

Hi Guys.
I am very be interested in the Merlin.
I have been in touch about a mates boat (I think 17) so this would be a good project for me to renovate up alongside his.
Who do I get in touch with about it?

Andy
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Andy
I have sent you a pm with contact details - (it avoid broadcasting personal details on the forum) You should see you have "1 new message" just below the CVRDA logo on the top left of your screen. click there to see the message.
Chris
Rigman

Post by Rigman »

I have agreed to take on the renovation of the Merlin and will keep you all updated with its progress.
Andy

Rigman