Fairey Duckling Rig and Sails

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Ed
Site Admin

Fairey Duckling Rig and Sails

Post by Ed »

Really nice mast, boom and sails for Fairey Duckling.

Looking for £150.00

The kit is down here on Devon/Cornwall border, but we could most probably get it up country using the CVRDA delivery system.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
wilfbishop1

Re: Fairey Duckling Rig and Sails

Post by wilfbishop1 »

Hi Ed,

I have been busy last few months with house move/conversion & building a new workshop - hence I have been "out of the CVRDA loop" - once settled-in at the new house I am close to completing restoration of a really nice Ducklling hull and I'm looking for a mast/boom although I have an almost new set of sails. Any chance of splitting the mast/boom/sails combo to sell me just the mast & boom?

If it were possibleto send me photos & further details of the mast/boom/rigging that would be great.

Many thanks,

Wilf Bishop
Michael Brigg

Re: Fairey Duckling Rig and Sails

Post by Michael Brigg »

I recently "won" a Duckling on ebay, but after a quick look at the hull it was pretty much beyond repair, so I turned it down.

He did however have a decent original rudder (the steel, lifting variety) and also reasonable spars. I didnt see a plate or daggerboard, and the sails looked poorly and not original.

The price for the whole thing was to be @ £120 so you might if you contacted him, be able to persuade him to part with those other bits for a reasonable offer. He's based in Bishops Stortford, with the boat stored over near Ipswich.

Would you like me to PM you his ebay contact details?
Michael Brigg