Events in France

Chat about CVRDA events
Andrew Young

Events in France

Post by Andrew Young »

Hi All,

Hope this OK to post here, no doubt Ed will move to correct thread if more appropriate....

A number of the Bosham classic's are expressing an interest to find an event in France that we might travel to in Summer 2016 so I was wondering if anyone knew of potential events over there that we could check out....

We are thinking area wise Brittany-Bordeaux rather than the med which is a lot further and probably mega ££.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.....

CHEERS
Andrew Young
Bosham
Cheers
Andrew Young
Bosham SC,
Owns Chichester Harbour 18, CH7 Seafire
Also race classic National 18's
Organizing team for the Bosham www.classicboatrevival.co.uk
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Events in France

Post by Ed »

I know there is a classic dinghy event on the Seine, not so far from Paris....but whether that was a one-off or a regular event, I am not sure.

Oh, and I think there is a regular classic event on Lake Annecy, which is a lake I have driven past many times and thought would be wonderful for a classic regatta.

Suspect there may also be some events on Lac Leman. I know there are a few Int 12s there.

I am sure others will know more, but I will try to think of others

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
davidh

Post by davidh »

HI Andrew,

there are indeed classic events over in France and in some ways, they are at least as active in developing their classic scene as we are here. But it tends to be far more class specific - partly down to the far that there was never the proliferation of classes that we had here in the UK.

What might work would be to extend an invite to some of their groups to the 2016 BCBR and use that to arrange a 'return' event.

I'll email you directly but I can see such an event as having a good deal of media 'pull'.

D
David H
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

Didn't the Merlins go to Carnac in Brittany one year? I've never sailed there but it is a lovely place.
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Redwings went to north Brittany for their Nationals, somewhere not too far from the ferry port.
Rupert
Andrew Young

Post by Andrew Young »

Ed,- Annecy, and Leman, prob too far ...think some A-raters and merlins went to an event in/near Paris.....this/last year....

David, I agree the idea of building connections for return visits for CBR could be part of it....await your specifics....

Michael, Carnac, stages some big events, they doing the int 14 worlds next year....I have msgd them as their site does mention classic boats, but no content loads....

Rupert, yes the Redwings went to Plérin, North Brittany, in 2014.....

I saw a comment elsewhere about classic 505's going to France so I've pinged their regional class captains to see if they know of any clubs/events with classic's.
The Dublin based Water Wags went to http://www.semainedugolfe.com/ which looks like a massive festival, but not sure how much racing goes on, have emailed to learn more...
One Bosham oldest classic's (Flight CH4) was sold this year to a chap in Archachon, near Bordeaux, and seems some classics down there but await more details.
Cheers
Andrew Young
Bosham SC,
Owns Chichester Harbour 18, CH7 Seafire
Also race classic National 18's
Organizing team for the Bosham www.classicboatrevival.co.uk
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

I am looking for pleasant people with a boat they don't mind sharing.

I am planning on a trip to Brittany in the first two weeks of August. No locations or dates have been booked yet.
Anyone interested in going to that area with me/us?

I am hoping some days to do some recreational sailing or maybe a bit of day cruising. Also some sightseeing and dog walking.
I haven't got a suitable boat for this trip yet, but wondered if anyone would be interested in doing the same sort of holiday or possibly lending out one of their treasures?

Also tips to good sailing areas/events would be helpful.

Thanks
Dean
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133