Otter 37

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
cweed

Otter 37

Post by cweed »

https://www.gumtree.com/p/sailing-equip ... 1151595133

I saw on the discussion about the worst dinghies someone mentioned the Otter.............

I have one, amongst my other more mainstream boats, and I am a big fan. The Otter will take three or four, can be rowed, or outboarded, looks like a traditional boat, the gunter rig stows in the boat, it's light enough to be launched and recovered by one person, and, best of all, when you fancy a sail in a breeze, you don't need to dress up like a rubber fetishist.

It's not a fast boat, but I'd rather have one over many of the other heavy wooden high maintenance 'classics' of the same length.

The one for sale is not mine!
trebor

Re: Otter 37

Post by trebor »

Whats happened to sides of boat ? They look like they have been to close to a fire.
Gumtree now owned by ebay ?
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
ent228

Post by ent228 »

I have had some good sails in a Bermudan rigged Otter. Sailed from Stoke Gabriel to Dartmouth one day to watch the Red Arrows during regatta week. Had to row and sail back. Took two small children. Down on the Ebb and up on the flood.

Smallest spent much of the time infront of the mast. The only problem comming back (smallest now in cockpit) was that I felt it was a little fine in the bows and buried its bow in the steep chop in the gusts so was a bit wetter than I expected.
stewart2880

Post by stewart2880 »

West Oxfordshire SC has an elderly Otter available free of charge, No29 I think, alloy mast, cover and trolley. No warranty given or implied, but I might get some photos in the next fortnight.

stewart.eaton[at]gmail.com
sailorgilly

Post by sailorgilly »

Yes, right, it's 'not a fast boat' - especially when it fills up with water - which they love to do ! Yes again, they do bury their bows in any kind of breeze. They also wallow downwind and love to turn turtle ! Essential piece of kit is a bailing bucket !