National 12 2066

an area to discuss dinghy developments
Nessa

National 12 2066

Post by Nessa »

This afternoon I am going on a mission of mercy to collect a National 12 which has been donated to my sailing club, which, very ungratefully, they do not want. The boat is a Sparklet design built in 1962, called Sundowner, and according to its current owners in good condition with all its parts.

Does anyone have any knowledge or enthusiasm for such a boat? I am hoping to keep it at Hunts since we are hosting the National Rally this year, but if there are no takers I may offer it further afield in return for a donation to Sailability.

Hope to have pictures later today.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
bornagainmothie

Re: National 12 2066

Post by bornagainmothie »

There is some information on the N12 website about the Sparklet design:

http://www.national12.org/boats/index.p ... n=Sparklet

and a record of that particular one:

http://www.national12.org/boats/index.p ... ls&id=2066
cweed

Post by cweed »

A cracking boat in its day...........

I hope someone will post a photo on the N12 dinghy database for that sail number!?
ian60

Post by ian60 »

Nice to see she is still around... she was once at Starcross YC in Devon, repaired (I think) by a chap called Jim Fricker, sold on to someone at Topsham SC, left lonely and waterfilled at Steph Rowsells little sailing school in Exmouth ( she of World championship Kitesurfing fame) and bought by me after I emptied the boat of water numerous times. I widened the side decks and made a few other changes - including the yellow paint! Sold on by me to a chap called Dave Parry in Taunton and then to whereabouts unknown, She was a delight to sail, very forgiving and very fast in the light stuff, winning me a number of races. If I didn't already have another 12 project ongoing I'd have her back - but that way lies divorce..............
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I love to find out this sort of thing. She does indeed have Starcross stickers on her, and is looking quite good for her age. My ladies group gave her a good clean out yesterday and many were quite taken. I will attempt to post some pictures. Hoping a certain person known in these parts reads the positive comments.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World