Unique custom made road trailer for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
stu
Site Admin

Unique custom made road trailer for sale

Post by stu »

Well, Hello all. Some will remember me, other will not have a clue who I am or what I am on about. :roll:

Before the job and kids got in the way I used to sail my various boats at many CVRDA events, in fact for a while I kept this very website up to date etc. Anyhow, if you're still with me I'll get to the point.

My road boat trailer / camping trailer is up for sale, and being offered here first. It was custom made by Vandercraft. It's galvanised, dipped AFTER being welded together.

It's a large box trailer, the sides are plastic and the bottom is wooden, it has an orange canvas cover secured by elastic, meaning it is waterproof when being towed and stored. The trailer has a frame, above the box, with various 'tie down' points that will take most dinghies, so long as you can manhandle it up there. It was originally made for my international canoe, and since used for my OK & Mirror, and for camping trips with and without boats. When camping we used it as the kitchen mounting a wooden platform from which we cooked. We even put a utility tent over the rear of the trailer, making it a waterproof kitchen area. It had new tyres last year and is in very good condition. It has a fixed trailer board with an additional 'socket' at the rear should you want to put a lighting board on your boat's transom.

It tows very very well, as the 'A' frame is larger than normal. It is a single axle trailer (not braked), and has holes drilled to allow the single axle to be moved to a more forward position.

I will upload pictures soon as well as posting measurements.

Price? well, let's discuss if anyone is interested.
stu
Site Admin

Re: Unique custom made road trailer for sale

Post by stu »

.....and here's a picture.
Attachments
the trailer
the trailer
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi Stu! Good to hear from you. How are you getting on, be good to see you on the water somewhere?

Not in the market for a trailer, but it has given me some ideas for my double!
Rupert
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Not in the market for a trailer either but just want to say a big hello, Stu. Hope life has been good to you. Do you still have 1958?. I think your old Supernova was up for sale recently too and I wondered then how things were with you.
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Hi Rupert, Hi Alan,

I'm good thanks, still keeping and functioning well. Run ragged by kids (now 7 & 9) and job. I've not sailed for several years now, but am trying to think of ways to fit it in as I do miss it. Alan, yes I still have 1958 :-) I've also got a mirror (an old one) that needs some work, which, after I have renovated an original 1930's front door, I will tackle and see if we can start sailing on the docks in Bristol.

Fingers crossed, may see some of you soon.
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Hi Stu.

I sent you a PM for more details.

Thanks
Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
roger

Post by roger »

Bloody hell, first Stu appears out of the darkness and now Gregg. We will have to hold a re union.

Good to hear from you both.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

but Roger, I am the same Stu on FB.... :roll:
roger

Post by roger »

stu wrote:but Roger, I am the same Stu on FB.... :roll:
But that's a different world.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Sorry for the drip drip of info.

Here (finally) are the measurements;

Box
Length - 226cm
Width - 122cm
Depth - 53cm

Trailer total length - 375cm

The boat frame sits 45cm above the box
The boat frame from front mount to 'side mounts is 247cm

The A-Frame is 145cm (from front of box to tow hitch)

Photo's at weekend
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Hi All here are a few more pictures. The OK atop the trailer is NOT included :-)
Attachments
There are fully adjustable 'frame holders' to hold the launching trolley in the position you want.
There are fully adjustable 'frame holders' to hold the launching trolley in the position you want.
DSCF3411.JPG
This (rather rubbish) launching trolley fits best without wheels, all other have mounted without the need to remove the trolley wheels.
This (rather rubbish) launching trolley fits best without wheels, all other have mounted without the need to remove the trolley wheels.
DSCF3406.JPG
DSCF3405.JPG