Help WITH MY pegasus

General chat about boats
mass

Help WITH MY pegasus

Post by mass »

Hello

could someone help me please!! I am in desperate need for a cover for a pegasus dinghy. i have to leave her outside for three months.

if anyone could help please call me tel:07518355428

Thank you

Neil
Pat

Re: Help WITH MY pegasus

Post by Pat »

If all else fails, turn her over onto raised blocks and wrap up in a plastic tarpaulin from the local builders merchant or DIY shed (or surplus stores if you are near an InExess). With air able to enter from below, merlin 3434 sat that way for over a year without problems.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
mass

Post by mass »

Thanks Pat, yea hopefully she is only going to be under cover for three months,. i have seen a pegasus cover on line for £121 but i can't get hold of them. i am thinking a tarp under her on the trailer and then a good cover for the top.

what do you think?

cheers
JimC

Post by JimC »

The most critical thing is that water can't pool anywhere. The second most critical thing, if you're going into winter, is that frost can't form on the decks. Fix those two and you'll be OK
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

The only sensible answer is a GOOD breathable cover. I had one made for various Albacores and specified that it should have no holes for mast, shrouds etc. I put a spar of some description up and down the centreline to "tent" the water away and fit the cover tight. Bows well up, bailers open centreboard out tie well down. Bobs your uncle. Talk to Dan at Sail register I am sure he could accommodate you
Sam
mass

Post by mass »

Thanks guys.

All the advice helps indeed. i have just bought a new cover for a pegasus today should get it by friday, so I'm thinking a tarp underneath on the trailer and then the cover over top. the cover is a trailer cover so it has no holes for mast etc. i will use the boom to give a tent effect.

Thanks again
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Neil,
What number is your Pegasus, is it wood or GRP and where do you plan to sail it? I used to sail a fibreglass peggie number 221 in Malta many years ago, but I am always pleased to hear of one that is still going strong and being cared for.
Who did you order your cover from in the end, some manufacturers have probably never even heard of a Pegasus!
Good luck with your boat and I look forward to seeing it sailing sometime soon.

Ian M
mass

Post by mass »

Hi Neil,
What number is your Pegasus, is it wood or GRP and where do you plan to sail it? I used to sail a fibreglass peggie number 221 in Malta many years ago, but I am always pleased to hear of one that is still going strong and being cared for.
Who did you order your cover from in the end, some manufacturers have probably never even heard of a Pegasus!
Good luck with your boat and I look forward to seeing it sailing sometime soon.

Ian M

Hi Ian, the number is 98 yes it is wood, and yes i do plan to sail her. I've had her a year and just not been able to do any work on her. i am moving down to Falmouth so my motivation is high now to get her sailing again.
HOPEFULLY she has not got anything wrong with her structurally, at the moment she looks like she needs a good Varnish and paint there is a couple of dings to here Decks and rails. i am thinking of re decking her but i can only start the work in couple of months due to relocation

I will keep everyone posted

Cheers
Neil
mass

Post by mass »

Hello everyone. I am hoping that i can get some help and information from you guys please? I have recently moved to Penryn, Cornwall and i am hoping to start work on my Pegasus dinghy the only problem is that i have no where to do any work on her.

Does anyone have any advice information on who or where i could contact to find a location to do some work? there is not an extensive amount of work but there will be need for paint and varnish so if i can't find anywhere inside i will need to get a hold of some sort of Gazebo.

anyway thanks in advance for any help or advise

Neil