A New Year's Resolution...

General chat about boats
Michael4

A New Year's Resolution...

Post by Michael4 »

Happy New Year to all!

Reluctantly I have concluded that it is not possible to sail more than one boat at a time. I don't think there is any need to elaborate upon this apart from saying that my enthusiasm for projects can sometimes go beyond that which is practical.

My New Year's Resolution must therefore be to reduce the size of the fleet.

So, before I sail her and get seduced by her ways I wonder if there is anyone out there who would like to take on Swift 419? From memory there is very little left to do, paint mast and boom, sort halyard sheave and replace toe straps are the only things that come to mind. She has pretty much everything except a trailer.

For details see the thread in the 'Maintenance' section of the forum and if interested pm me.

Michael
(Goes off weeping hoping for consolation in what remains of the bottle of Christmas sherry)
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
JimC

Re: A New Year's Resolution...

Post by JimC »

Of course a consideration, for those of us who favour fragile elderly boats, is how many do you need in order to guarantee you always have one in usable order? Arguably one to sail, one that's failed, one in long term maintenance might be a minimum.
trebor

Post by trebor »

3 x plastic boats
2 sailable, Enterprise, most used. Minisprint, can't sail at moment (ribs).
Aquabat, due for re-fit.
Tinker Traveller, for use on sea.
No wooden boat yet.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
Pat

Post by Pat »

Since the club year ended and the dinghy park has to be cleared until March we now have 13 boats at home, 3 in a garage up the road and two inflatables rolled up in the storage container.
Though 3 of them are boats being stored for other people.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Can you guys please have a word with Jane next time you see her? She thinks I have too many boats at 3!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

I made a commitment a long time ago that everything would fit in the garage, well it all does but now I don't!

The Swift is not actually that big or wide but add it to everything else plus a son who wants to start constructing stuff in there and it is too much.
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.