Thanks, Brizzle

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thanks to Peter and all the race crew, an excellent day, especially the entertaining breeze at the end of the 3rd race!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'll second that!!! Great fun, lots of laughs, No7 ale in the pub and the wise decision NOT to do race 3!!!

Many thanks to all the team there for the event, will be back in the spring but maybe in something more in keeping with the location than the sandtext scow.

Also........

Seems like we're getting an invite to Spinnaker for next year too, late September. For those who don't know it, Spinnaker is a great club on some gravel pits at Ringwood on the western side of the New Forest!!

Am stood in the corner, still nursing a sore head, writing 500 lines of

"I must not use Pro-lube on my sliding seat"....

D
David H
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thoroughly enjoyed my first CVRDA event,.my thanks to all at Baltic Wharf for such a well run day and to all present for the warm welcome.
Rich
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I hope you didn't get too confused by some of my last minute decisions when following me out of the Bristol Maze...
Rupert
Rich

Post by Rich »

No problems, managed to stay weith you as far M4. Many thanks for all your help it was much appreciated.
Rich
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Glad you enjoyed it. I think I was right in trying to crack on with the races in case the wind got up! Hope there was someone taking pictures!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
david r

Post by david r »

I would like to add my thanks to those above, apologies for not staying to give a winner's thank you speech, but Ed was rambling (?) on, as he can, and I had to rush off to see my daughter in Bristol Royal Infirmary
I had a very enjoyable day, shame I had to miss the meal in the pub
David
OK 1944
chris

Post by chris »

Yes, Amy and I enjoyed our day on/in the water.
Thanks to all at Baltic warf
Chris merlin 507
roger

Post by roger »

My thanks also to Baltic Wharf. Its the first time I have ever swum alongside my boat to stop it from submerging completly. Thanks to Chris B for allowing two fat boys to try and sink the treasured number 6.
A great day.8)
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
keithr

Post by keithr »

First my apologies for dashing off but had to be back for confernece I was bunking off ( I did go to our room and change out of eds salopettes and Lyns top before re-entering conference, many thanks to both of you and Stu for at least saving me the embarrassment of walking through Bristol in that gear).

And yes I did get some funny7 looks entering the Royal Marriott in that gear.

Many thanks John for chance to helm no 36 and I am very sorry about the mast, still cant really work out how she went, maybe my pipe got caught in the shrouds and you know I would never let that go!!!

I see what you mean about Dock water Stu, my best casual trousers have a rather funny smell this morning ( no9 comments please this is a family forum)

Many thanks to the excellent rescue crews who appeared from nowhere after the mass rollovers and again the great reception we get from Baltic Wharf, what a turnout considering the forecast!!!

Keith R
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Pat

Post by Pat »

You know it was a good weekend when..... you walk into the bathroom to find sails in the bath, wetsuit and spinnaker sheets on the airer and a buoyancy bag in the shower:D

Well done Baltic Wharf and I'll put some of Stu's pictures on the site this week. There's some crying out for good captions too!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Don't get excited about a Merlin Vintage event at Spinnaker - Mervyn Allen has a mental confusion between Shearwater and Spinnaker and it's the CVRDA Shearwater event that's really meant. I spoke to him yesterday about events.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Write up now on Y&Y.
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

Will you be posting Dinghy Sailing Mag too?

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I will. I'm going to lengthen it slightly, as I think they have more space in the mag, and I don't want it to be exactly the same. I'll be doing it later on this afternoon.
Rupert