Campsite at Roadford

Chat about CVRDA events
loisbarlow

Campsite at Roadford

Post by loisbarlow »

Just a warning, I booked this evening and no electric hook ups available!
Suggest people book a.s.a.p. If not already done so! See you there folks!
PeterV

Re: Campsite at Roadford

Post by PeterV »

Strange, I've just booked, I booked a hard standing hook up, (only one left) but there were hook ups in the other field but no non hook up pitches available!

I'm even more confused now, I've found 3 web sites, swlakestrust.org.uk, swlakestrust.co.uk and pitch up.com. Pitches can be booked on both the .co.uk site and the pitch up site, and each shows different availability but pitches cannot be booked in the .org.uk site!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Gavin3G

Post by Gavin3G »

Bother, so one cant just rock up and park on the day?
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you don't want a guaranteed pitch with or without hookup then you probably can rock up on the day, especially if there's overflow into the scout field or similar. Perhaps the locals could find out about overflow camping.

It's best to use https://www.southwestlakes.co.uk/camping/roadford-lake/ because you can book a specific pitch (open the Site Camping Leaflet to see where pitches are).
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

I just booked again a grass with hook up via Pitch up and have left a message to cancel my other booking!!!
Will see what transpires!
Hopefully all will be well!
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

All is well the lovely Matt at Roadford has booked me Pitch 8 and refunded my other deposit! So the Barlow’s will be behind the hedge so to speak!!!
Looking forward to it already.
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

I booked last week and got pitch 12, which is hardstanding with lekky and behind the same hedge as you Lois.

It does seem like the availability is telling lies :roll:
Pat

Post by Pat »

UPDATE: Camping is available on site. Roadford have said that no one would be turned away as regards camping, they would be accommodated. (there are additional fields often used by youth groups). If website said it was full they could preferably phone Roadford on 01409 211507 to book or just rock up.
Roadford also now has 5 bell tents which have camp beds and bed rolls supplied cost between £30-£35 per tent per night and need to be booked – phone Roadford on 01409 211507.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

This comes up every year and sorry, I forgot to make the situation clear.

The best 10-15 camping spots have electricity and hard-standing for motorhomes. These get booked up really early, but there is plenty of other space over two nice fields close to the water for anyone wanting to camp, which are still bookable.

Then if all else fails, there are two more enormous fields which will never book up in a million years. They are a bit further from the main site, but again tend to be quieter.

For what it is worth, I havn't booked a space at Roadford in many years and just pitch up. I tend to only stay if I get too drunk to drive, so don't want to drive.

See you there.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it